Zopiclone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. Anyone struggling with Zopiclon and have withdrawal between doses? I did not realize how powerfull they are. Been taken them for 3 years. Trying to taper from now. I cant take Valium so I have to cut doses of Z. Anyone here?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've been taking them for 10 years but very small dose only take 1/4 of 7,5 mg tablet. Gp wouldn't prescribe diazapam going back see if can change his mind. Been trying to cut out taking them 2 or 3 nights week but really struggling. They are awful tablets to try come off. Very difficult to cut down on dose as the tablets so tiny can't cut them down anymore. Do sympathise you're not alone struggling with it!

• Posted

Can taper without diazepam but it has to be done very slowly, Ashton Manual gives more details.
    • Posted

As I can't decrease the dose I'm taking any more as tablets too small to cut down further, it's difficult to follow the Ashton method. Think they are available in smaller dose will go back to gp see if I can get script for the lower dose. Have you managed to come off them if so what method did you use and how long did it take? Really think they should be reviewed and people warned how difficult they are to come off. Will see if my gp will think again about diazepam as it seems the better option 

• Posted

Thank you Lemar. I have stomach issues anxeity and wierd feelings, tinnitus, more pain in my body (have fibro and Stills) . Is it possible, thats what I experinced now when I try to notice all feelings, that you feel good in the morning and then awfull later as day goes by? I have felt like that. Right now strong anxeity and its 6 pm. : ((
    • Posted

I've had mild mild anxiety for last couple years since my husband was seriously I'll. Think it's definitely increased lot since trying to come off zopiclone. It does mess with your head. I have trouble getting to sleep. I'm taking very little and only gives me couple hours sleep but if I take it seems enable me to get to sleep.. Awful stuff!!!!

• Posted

Hi have you heard of micro dosing using the water titration method. if u like I can send u a link to this.
    • Posted

Thank you Jhow. Thinking drinking Z must be awfull taste. Ive red a little about it but please send it to me.
  • Posted

Zoplilcone is only supposed to be prescribed for 1 to 2 days now. I can send a link byPMM is u wish/M
    • Posted

What link do you mean, Jhow? I did not see that I had replies here I didnt get notice in email?!
    • Posted

I actually wrote that I could send the link by PM but only if ou request it. U can always google zoplicone side effects .
  • Posted

Hi I was addicted to Zop for 6 months after surgery- it’s such a nasty drug. Please come off as soon as you can!! It wrecked me for so long but finally free of it and will never ever take another one.
    • Posted

Hi Caz. Thank for replying! I guess it was eisier to go off Z when taking them for 6 months? Im struggling and dont know whats (or if) depression and what is withdrawal. How did you feel and how did you withdrawal?
    • Posted

The idea of coming off it was hard and psychologically I would get very stressed about not taking it- I began to dread nighttime and have irrational thoughts. The Z didn’t even really help me sleep that much as I would only get 4hrs and then nightmares waking me up. The symptoms you’re describing sound like withdrawal- I would be ok in morning and get worse in afternoon-tremors and overwhelming hopeless feeling. Couldn’t focus or sit still, no appetite, mind constantly foggy. I did taper to half pill but still struggled and eventually switched to conzeplam and then onto sertraline which is mild antidepressant and helps me sleep. Please come off ASAP- this drug is worse than many illegal ones. 
    • Posted

Im trying to. Thanks for sharing what your going thru it means a lot, Im not alone on this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.