zopiclone addict

Posted , 10 users are following.

i been on zopiclone for over 20 years , still get 28 3.75s on a friday of my gp,im buying off line too, i can go through a box of 28 7.5s in one day just to feel normal , i use aprox 28 7.5s a day if i can afford , but i dont wantto do this any more i feel fuzzy headed when  i wake up, i cry when i wake up every day, again i dont tell my gp of the amount for fear il loose those 28 , 3.7.5s , i need help but dont know what to do 

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Denise 

i so feel for you 

I've done 28 in a few days before

I still get bedtime fear 

there have been a lot if discussions on line

that diazepam helps you get off zopiclone 

but it's really important you speak to a medical expert

if you can afford it then it's probably worth going private as I find most gps don't really understand 

rhat diazepam can help you get off the zopiclone 

however it really is important you speak to a medical expert

if you can afford to go private then it won't go on your record 

• Posted

yes i get diazipam i been on that 21 years too, but they halfed them , now just left with 10 2mg a week, i take more zopclone , the 2mg dont even effect me
    • Posted

one night i was so sick of them taking them ,, i had a rar up, police too me to a ambulance they we loovely said they would help me when i got there , i got there , i went to the unit were rehab and mental heaith was, they wouldnt open the door, then a gp said i give you 28 zopiclone this all we can do , so i think ok , il be best off stayin on them so i can get up and do my daily things , then i get down and want a normal life , i cant win, 15 years i was on them till irealized i had addiction, as id only gt 28 a month and didnt abuse them, then i got 56 of them n a lower dose , it went from there ..............
  • Posted

Cost me 6000 pounds to get dectoxed in private clinic started on low dose ended up 6 .7.5mg a night ok now felt like a walking zombie.
  • Posted

Does anyone know IF diazepam  helps in order to come off zop ??

the problem with me is If I try and stop zopiclone I then start self medicating with alcohol to get to sleep

• Posted

Hi,

I have had an addiction to diazepam for about 12 years. I have tried to withdraw from it a few times, but with little success - the withdrawal symtons are horrendous, and  I believe similar to zoplicone. I have heard that zoplicone is stronger than diazepam - not sure, depends on how much you take, but wow, you take alot.

I think the amount you take would qualify you for admission to a detox clinic, maybe funded for. I am on a programme with a local drugs rehab clinic to slowly reduce my daily levels of valium slowly over a 10 month period. They also have support group therapy sessions practically every day if you want to go to them. You collect your'e prescription from them from a local chemist. They are called the 'Lifeline Project', and I'm sure there must be one somewhere in your'e area. They are pretty much spread over the country now. 

Please do try and find one near you and go to them ASAP. You really need this.

• Posted

thank you  will google them ,  x the withdraw is wosrt feeling ive ever had , and not so easy to get when you run out , its a circle ive never told them how many i take but they give we weekly ones as i was doing a months in 2 days sad
    • Posted

I know exactly how you feel. I have done 120 mg of valium in day sometimes, and slept all the next day, but of course the more you do the more tolerant you get.  I was put on 20mg a day by my rehab lifeline clinic, and was shocked at first and distressed that they didnt make me feel less anxious or able to sleep more, but I think after a few relapses I'm just about getting a handle on it. 

I kow your'e withdrawal programme will probably take quite bit longer, to be realistic it could be a couple of years, but these people at Lifeline really do want to help. If you cant afford a private detox, I honestly think your;e level off addiction would make them seriously consider giving you a funded place. Please ask for all the help you can get, but from Lifeline - not your'e GP!  I did once recently go down to Lifeline after just popping more and more valium one day I was in such a state of panic, and they called an ambulance for me and sent me to A and E and later that night I was admitted to a local psych ward. They wanted to keep me there for a least a few days as I was threatening suicide, but I was officially voluntary, so they let my husband take me home the next day, but put me with the local Crisis Resolution Treatment Team - an NHS organisation for people with serious problems like this who can check on you daily and have a chat and send doctors round if necessary. I had a visit from a guy today. The psychiatrist as the hospital also increased my dose of prozac from 20 - 40 mg a day and said I may need a higher dose still.  I already feel a bit better.

There is help available. Please fight for it, and you will get it.

Carole.

• Posted

thank you so much for your non judmental advice , i will google them, i feel its the nhs who should at least offer me this option as i didnt perscribe them to my self in 1994 x bless you Carole x 
    • Posted

I just wish you lots of luck. Its really tough having this sort of addiction. I started ordering online myself in about 2005, after my doctor who initially prescribed me them quite a bit said he couldnt do it any more.

Noone who hasnt been through all this knows how hard the withdrawal is, and the feeling that often you cant cope without them. I used to have to tak one or two valium just to step outside the house.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.