Zopiclone addiction and buying from abroad...Help sand advice needed please

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. I've been.buying zopiclone from oversea s for about a year now. Doctors would never prescribe as I m an alcoholic in recovery (sober 2 years now). I m spending a fortune an take 1 and a half to 2 a night to sleep. I 've lost money through company's claiming they sell them and don't!!. I sometimes take half in the day if really stressed and really calms down. The thought of not having them terrifies me so I know I m addicted. I also take 45mg of mirtazapieni and 50mg of phenergen a night..really Don t know if the only person in the world that lives like this and I m so scared of any side effects if I tried to come off them. I still don't sleep properly and have hideous anxiety as soon as I wake up and can no never go bk to sleep. My partner has no clue I m on them and I dread the postman coming in case he answers the door so I m always there first. This is hell and I really really want to come off them but cannot cope with the no sleep at all and side effects. Please someone tell me they have similar experience?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Tell your partner ok....the stress of keeping this secret must be unbearable...they must love you dearly and help u...don't be scared

U haven't comuted a crime or done anything to harm anybody😀

• Posted

I really really want to but scared he 'll bin all the ones that will come soon and I 've spent a fortune was going to try and wea n myself off when this next batch comes

• Posted

Look up the Ashton's manual for tapering. Zopiclone not being a benzo but being on it for along time should be tapered slowly if your getting off. No more than 10% every 2+ week's. If your sensative to it then lessor amounts and longer.

• Posted

Terrified about trying docs and side effects. Thank you for your advice and will do x
  • Posted

Well first of all well done for ridding the alcohol.

I can empathize with you about the Zopiclone as i have been on the same dosage as you for 7 years now, i am thinking you should just try and relax a little bit about taking the Zopiclone. Ease the pressure from yourself a bit by maybe telling your partner. If you have history of alcoholism then thats a good reason for your doctor not prescribing them for you. To be honest if you slowly weaned off i dont think the side effects would be massive apart from the lack of sleep occasionally. It could be more psychological more than physical addiction. It certainly is for me anyway. I think you have to take much higher dosage for the side effects to be really bad. Good luck anyway

• Posted

Thank you very much Mark really appreciate it and I will try wean as slow and long as it takes
  • Posted

Np kerry

You and me both!!!

Gl woth it and I'll keep u informed how I'm doing😀

• Posted

Yes please do and thanks for everything Mark. Sooo glad I m not alone in this
  • Posted

Add me on Facebook please daz beers
    • Posted

Daz beers . I'm with my daughter in cover photo with a suit on . And profile pic with a mate . Look for a good lookin chap that's me Lil

• Posted

I 've sent request to wrong person will look again now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.