Zopiclone advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 

I've been on mirtazapine 15mg for 7 months. Recently past week I seem to have stopped sleeping and my anxiety is hurrendous. I was prescribed 7.5 Zop on Tuesday. Took this first 2 nights slept took half Thursday. Could not get to sleep and 7.5 again last night with the Mirt. Doc has upped my Mirt to 30 but I want to stick with 15 for now to see how I go. I was only prescribed a weeks worth of 7.5 Zop, my question is can I be addicted to the Zop taking it 4 nights in a row? I really don't want to take it tonight if I can. But my sleep anxiety is terrible in now already worried if I need to take it tonight please any advice whould be great full??? Will I get addicted just on a weeks worth?? 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

First making two changes at the same time is a big mistake.  Your Anti depressant is up to 22.5 now and it will take two to three weeks before you feel better.  As for the zopiclone,  yes you can get into a habit of using it too.

The longer you use is the longer to stop using it!   I have some in my cabinet just in case i need it but no more!

• Posted

no I have been prescribed 30mg of mirtazapine but as yet not gone up to that as I'm not too keen if I'm honest so trying to stick with the 15mg. Heard the the sedating effect is less at 30mg and with the side affects to of the jump just not sure what to do. Need to control this anxiety other than just upping I think. Oh the joys of anxiety issues.

• Posted

I was upped to 22.5mg and i can still sleep.  It is a very good medication and easier to lean off.   Once upped,  the first few days i had strange dreams but it went away.  Dontbe afraid to use more.  As for Zopiclone play it safe.

• Posted

I really don't know what to do. Don't want to really take the Zopiclone. can you experiment with mirtazapine like I say I've taken 15mg for months and been fine, just the last week. When I go to bed my anxiety just races and my body wakes me up, then it's just like a vicious cycle and I'm terrible. Really not sure what to do tonight. Would it harm me if I try 22.5 tonight and then 30 another? So worried with anxiety so much coming up. Heard not many good thing upping above 15. In so desperate for advice? Sorry to ask is it anxiety related you struggle with, how do u sleep if u don't mid me asking?

• Posted

I am on Mirtazapine and wish I'd never started. At first it helped with my sleep and appetite. But when I was upped to 30mg I started having horrible very realistic dreams and I wake up in the morning feeling very groggy / ill. Also it does nothing for my anxiety. Also coming off it is horrendous I got what felt like bad withdrawal so asked to be put back on it. I have also used Zopiclone which I thought was great but is very addictive. I started used it during the day and it really helped with my anxiety but only took it for a couple of weeks and didn't really get any withdrawal.

• Posted

I don't want to go up to 30mg. I only get anxiety when I don't sleep. Not sure if it would be worth taking 7.5mg Mirt tonight to see if it's more sedating than the 15mg. Like I say I have been on Mirt 15 for 7 months and slept great. Soon as I don't anxiety hits and I worry so p****d off!! Or do I stick with 15 and ride it out and if I don't sleep maybe take anothe Zopiclone. Just don't know what to do for the best? Any advice??

• Posted

When you upped on Mirtazapine the first few night you have strange dreams but not everyone is the same.  After A couple if nights you r ok after.  We all panick and  want to be ok instantly.  It takes a few weeks and you ll be thankfull that you were patient.
  • Posted

Mirtazapine is known to ease anxiety and helps you sleep.  Take my word for it!  And dont panick because you have to take more smile
    • Posted

Hi I've been on 15mg for 8 months and it's been great. Last week I have constant anxiety about everything. I dare not start taking the 30mg. I can't sleep unless I take zopliclone. Should I bite the bullet and start taking 30 at night. Will it make me more alert will I not sleep. Is 30 good for anxiety?? I just don't know, I feel I am reaching the end. Got a phone app with doc tmoz morning just feel hopeless!!!! What to I do, please anyone??? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.