Zopiclone advice please?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So. I've decided due to the frustration of being unable to sleep to try zopiclone and see if that helps me. (I've taken it a few times before, like 6 in the past 4/5 months) and I've got a new prescription to last me 14 days. I took one last night, and unfortunately still kept waking up every hour. (really sick of it) I've been waking up every hour for the past two years, not being able to sleep for more than three hours at a time. (when I do sleep for three hours, I feel like it's Christmas and received the best present ever as it barely happens). I'm just wondering, if I take Zopi's for like three days on the run, will it help me in being able to sleep uninterrupted and allow me to sleep for a good few hours? And has anyone else experienced this before?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It sounds as if you have now developed a tolerance to this drug. I would be very wary now about taking it. I feel you should let your dr know before you get addicted only to find that your dr is not allowed to prescribe it for longer than 2 to 4 weeks.
    • Posted

I don't know about that, as the first time I ever took Zopiclone I still woke up every hour. Might be that it doesn't work for me maybe?

• Posted

I think you should maybe take them every night for at least a week in order to establish a sleep pattern. You may need to take them for longer if your doctor is willing to prescribe them. If you explain your predicament he will hopefully be helpful.

i have been taking them for many years now, but I am elderly and I don’t think it matters too much at my age.

• Posted

I wish.!

i would like to sleep longer, but Zopiclone are short acting.

i don’t usually have any trouble getting of to sleep, but only sleep for around five or six hours.

• Posted

Yeah 7.5mg, I wish that was the case but I still wake up hourly after I've taken it and gone to sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.