Zopiclone fixes my extreme fatigue!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I have had insomnia for many years. I was prescribed 10x5mg Zopiclone many years ago and it worked, but I didn't like the brain fog the following day, so I only used it a couple of times. A few years ago I suddenly had an attack of extreme fatigue after having consumed way too much alcohol. It was nothing like a regular hangover and it lasted for a week. I was afraid because I was feeling really weak and sick. I was relieved when it finally went away, but suddenly it was back again after a couple of days and since then I have been living with extreme fatigue coming in periods lasing in everything between hours, days or weeks. Sometimes I have a full week without any fatigue which is amazing, but it always comes back. It really destroys my life quality and affects both my work performance and social participation greatly.

My insomnia has gotten better, but during the fatigue periods it's hard to sleep and I don't feel refreshed even after a full night sleep. A while ago I was prescribed 7,5mg Zopiclone during a really bad fatigue attack where I couldn't sleep, and the weird thing is that when I just take one half (3,75mg) Zopiclone the fatige completely disappears! I have no idea why this happens and are really curious to why it is such a symptom reliever for me. I know people can get fatigue when stopping these meds after taken long term, but it can't be the case here as I only took 10x5mg in a 6 month period and this was in 2009!

I'm currently undergoing a medical evaluation to check if the fatigue is caused by an underlying condition like an infection or bacteria because was badly food poisoned during a trip to Africa and the gut haven't been the same since. Hopefully they will find something and a way to treat it and the fatigue will go away. Will be interesting to find the cause and then maybe figure out why zopiclone works so well for symptom relief.

I have a go from my doctor to use it as a symptom reliever for a limited period of time, and only 1-2 3,75mg tabs a week.

Anyone heard of this type of symptom relief from zopiclone before??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention that while talking about this to my doctor, he was also baffeled by the effect I got. Not sleepy at all just energized and fatigue gone. At first he did not want me to use Zopiclone day time, but he prescribed 10mg of Oxazepam instead for daytime use. I tried 10mg and felt nothing. I tried 20mg and felt nothing. So the effect is not from regular benzos apparently, just a small dose of Zopiclone...
  • Posted

Hello ... no I haven't had those symptoms that you describe.

As you say you are having a medical evaluation so when the results come through your doctor will hopefully have a way to treat it. I'm only speculating but fibromyalgia and depression too can cause fatigue and can be treated with good results.

Sorry I can't be more informative but wish you well soon. :-)

• Posted

Here's a little humour about zopiclone. I was on numerous medications for heart attack, strokes, seizures, hypertension etc. When I started zopiclone alcohol had no effect on me, 8 doubles nothing? Maybe I have a new cocktail that reverses the effects of alcohol? I quit zopiclone and now the effects are back when I have a few drinks, very odd? Doctor told me I've developed some type of immunity to alcohol due to the various drugs, problem is, when I drink it costs too much for no effect. I don't drink anymore!!
  • Posted

Maybe a simple blood count will show if your bloods are up to scratch.Iron

deficiency can make you feel fatigued

Sounds as though you like burning the candle at both ends.,and your body

has forgotten which end faces up..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.