Zopiclone - how to i get rid of the taste

Posted , 3 users are following.

backstory here, i'm on quetiapine for insomnia which used to work wonders but lately they've been ineffective from tolerance.  my flatmate offered to give me zop which they're prescribed to see if that wouldn't help me. they had forewarned me about the metallic taste but i wasn't too worried about that if it would give me a night of sleep. the problem is it's 8:27am now and i took the zopiclone at 1am and the gross taste is the only effect it gave me. not only am i tired from no sleep but i'm hungry and eating feels like i'm chewing on a handful of paracetamol. is there anyway to get this taste to go away faster?

thank you, your tired friend briar x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I haven't found anything to get rid of the taste yet sad

• Posted

You can't get rid of the taste but what you can try though is take long lasting quetiapine at supper time and before bedtime use rapid effect quetiapine to help you fall asleep.  It works for me and I stopped Zopiclone.

• Posted

How much did you take?   Usually it puts you asleep quite rapidly!

Denyse

• Posted

Use 200mg quetiapine RX at supper snd before bed 50mg of fast acting quetiapine.  You ll sleep!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.