Zopiclone - long term use - pain in feet

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

ive been taking zopiclone for a long time, possibly 10 years+. ive had a few other issues and until today ive not linked them to the z drug. the first is severe pain in my feet, does anyone else get this? my doctor told me its planta faciatus but having been for an ultra scan ive been told thats not the case and im waiting for a MRI scan. the pain is severe, if just after walking for a short while i have to sit down. sometimes the pain will still be there the following day. im laying in bed now and my feet both throb on the soles of my feet, from the heel all the way ti the front. i havent done any walking for days and started to research online.i read that zopiclone can effect the nerves - i also read about extra fluid, and this being linked to heart failure. now i have to get uo to pee often when i lay down, and i read this happens when excessive fluid occurs. i have never linked these things before but wonder if this is all due to zopiclone. has anyone else who takes thr drug experienced pain in their feet and need to pee when they lay down? BTW i take 7.5mg per night isually and try to take half by snapping the tablet. theres not much info on this and i truly believe now especially after realising my pain actually occurs even when i dint walk a lot, that zop is causing this. please let me know if you have similar issues. thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello there.

Like you I have taken Z for a long time and have never experienced the conditions that you speak of. As I'm sure you are aware Doctors are not always accurate with their diagnosis. It often tales multiple complex investigations to get to the bottom of things that are not immediately diagnosed. There are a host of things that could cause you to urinate more. You have been on Z for a very long time & it sounds highly unlikely that what you are experiencing is Z related. There are many GP's who will readily blame Z for any ailments even going as far as to tell patients, " Z will kill you"! Please let us know what the eventual diagnosis is. I wish you less pain and a quick accurate diagnosis, and successful treatment. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.