Zopiclone withdrawal- 2 years of taking every night

Posted , 3 users are following.

i hope there is someone out there to support me or that i can support to get thru this. most difficult thing ive ever done, i was taking temaze on and off for a couple of years without any problem, only 10mg. i started having terrible anxiety which id never experienced before. my sleep started getting worse, my dr swapped me to zopiclone 7.5mg, then i went into full blown tolerance withdrawal, not that my dr knew thats what it was, she thought it was anxiety. she upped my dose to 2 per night, sometimes they worked sometimes not or i might get 3 hours, it varies. the anxiety, heart palpitations, flu like symptoms, cold and heat intolerance, nausea, dry reaching, headaches, sore eyes, tremors, gi problems and insomnia are horrific. i am down to about 4.68 mg using 1.5 mg valium to try and smooth withdrawals.im so scared im never going to sleep again without meds. i cant even nap. would love to hear from someone else who is struggling of needs support from someone who us suffering x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.