Zopiclone withdrawal

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, 

I've recently been tapered to come off zopiclone onto diazepam. Yesterday I took one today so far I have took none and the sickness is unbearable. I also feel dizzy. How long will this last? I'm at breaking point and just want some advice on how far the light at the end of the tunnel is. I have had a sickness bug for the past two days but this is different. I know this is a result of withdrawal. Before I was on 10-20 a day and managed to cut down to 6 a day. Then I have swapped some at allocated times. I feel horrendous and need advice. I am luckily off sick ATM due to my sickness bug but I would like to know roughly how long to expect this for. I have 5mg of diazepam 3 times a day and 2 5mg at night. Please someone give me some advice. Thanks

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do not know your country I asked for an assistant to my zopiclone to reduce them and was given a day of diazepam then taken off them becaued it is addictive
  • Posted

Hang in there. You will feel uncomfortable for awhile. I am on a slightly different tapering.You will sleep because your body needs it naturally. Get some kind of talk therapy. This method does work. I'm off sops completely and at 8 mg of Valium per day. Keep the faith, your on your way to success. Being off zops completely feels wonderful. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.