zopiclone withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys I have been taking a zopiclone nearly every night since my dad became I'll last summer and then passed away in Dec. I feel so ashamed with myself and want to come off them. The nights when I was unable to take them I'd have nightmares of my dad's death. I want to change because read some scary things about them. I'm as ashamed to go to the gp they did prescribe my first lot but then some one said they got them online sad

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Morning

let's try and sort this mess out. How do you know what you bought online was Zopiclone in the first place? If it was how much have you been taking?was it every night? I put a post up called accidental zopiclone addicts yesterday but you'll probably get better info if you look at the ones I've put on the benzodiazepines site. Have a look there first. I'll help as much as I can from there. Any questions welcome. I'll msg you with a good advice too! 

• Posted

I found when you try and quit cold the. It's hard and you will get a terrible night trying to sleep. What worked for me was reducing my dosage over time. I was on 7.5 zop for 6 months. The. I did 3.75 for 2 months then I broke the 3.75 into as close to half as possible did that for a few weeks then I asked my fiancé to hide the bottle and I forced my self to sleep without it. First couple nights were hard but it became easier. I'm going on 2 weeks now and I don't even really think about zop anymore. The first time I tried to quit cold about 5 month on I became sick. I couldn't sleep and I had terrible anxiety. Only lasted 2 nights then I was right back on.

• Posted

Thank u I really didn't realise the consequences of these til I read something on the Internet sad. My partner and mum kno I take them but don't kno I'm worried about taking them. Don't think my partner realises or would understand. At the moment they r giving me a dry mouth and hav only tried without them for two nights a few months ago but i felt terrible. I have cut down a bit was on two for a week or so but now one and half. X
    • Posted

Well done for coming off them I hope this will b soon smile x
    • Posted

Watch for delayed withdrawal!
    • Posted

I've heard about that. But they are hidden so even if that happens I just have to tough it out. I feel much better throughout the day being off them.
    • Posted

How long have you been off and are you aware of maybe a seizure with no warning?
    • Posted

I've been off for a couple weeks. A seizure is very unlikely. I've only been on for 9 months. Not worried about that
    • Posted

Hello og403

I have been trying to get off zopiclone for 6 months (basically couldn't sleep without sinse the first dose). I have gone from 7.5 mg to 5 mg however am finding it hard now to go to 3.75. I sleep maybe 3 hours. My brain doesn't know how to go to sleep without the help.  I am relaxed just awake. When you halfed your dose how many nights did it take to get a reasonable amount of sleep (e.g. 6 or more hours)? You mentioned two nights? On the third night did you sleep well or did it take a bit of transition time? This has been such a hard process!! Not worth the intermittent insomnia that I had before. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.