Zopiclone withdrawal Day 15 and a 22 month old that doesn't sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been taking 3.75 nightly, during the night when woken by toddler since start of lockdown. taken 46 in total.

I realised great were causing me anxiety and depression and then more recently a hungover groggy feeling. Repulsed by these I decided to go cold turkey. In retrospect maybe not a good idea. I've had several nights of 2.5 hr sleep and some of 4 and a few at 5. Last night was 4.5 and 2.5 the night before possibly also cos the baby was up at 2am but I didn't sleep after. I've had shakes, anxiety surges and complete restlessness. these do seem to be subsiding but someone please tell me this gets better??, Before this baby I slept 8 to 9 hrs and needed it. Now I cant even take a nap. HELP Have 3 kids and a job and its tough going atm.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi elizabeth, i am struggling to wean off zop i started having sleep issues when my youngest was a baby. is there someone who can take the baby for the night so you can sleep? you must put yourself first i also have 3 kids and would hate to see this happen to another mum. you can sleep u are probably subconsciously waiting to be woken up. thats how it happened to me xx

• Posted

hi elizabeth, i am struggling to wean off zop i started having sleep issues when my youngest was a baby. is there someone who can take the baby for the night so you can sleep? you must put yourself first i also have 3 kids and would hate to see this happen to another mum. you can sleep u are probably subconsciously waiting to be woken up. thats how it happened to me xx

• Posted

Address the triggers to your anxiety and depression, once you confront these issues things will become easier to handle for you. Healing takes time, but do what you can to solve the issues you face. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.