Zoplicone stops chest pain panic attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

So came over with the chest tightness earlier, and it wouldnt shift. The panic took over heart palpitations breathing heavy. Decided cant put up with so took a 3.75mg zopiclone. 20 mins later, chest pain gone, panic gone, all gone. Anyone else had this experience. Seems like it worked like diazepam or similar?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yeah i use them all the time for that although there not a benzo they act simiarly probably not recommended but whatever works tbh

• Posted

I used Zopiclone almost continuously for approx 5yrs for insomnia... when I tried to stop I suffered from anxiety, tight chest and at times the general feeling I was on the verge of panic attacks... and yes, allowing half a tablet dissolve under my tongue would prevent those symptoms.

However, the symptoms were a physical withdrawal from the drug itself. So I'd be careful you don't get drawn into a vicious cycle... (for me personally) over use of Zopiclone would cause the very symptoms you describe, during withdrawal from the drug.

I've been clean of Zopiclone for over 2yrs now... I still suffer odd bouts of anxiety, but I now have beta-blockers, which do a better job.

• Posted

The moderator's on this group are clearly morons.

Why delete a simple reply to a comment on Zoplclone.

For that reason. I'm out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.