Zoplicone stops my anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Took one 3.75mg zopiclone last nite and within 30 mins, all my anxious physical symptoms had gone, and I felt great. I don't think it did much to help me sleep, although I slept OK ish. been on up dose of sertraline for 5 days now but that ain't kicking in yet. I suffer chest tightness, breathing issues. Spaced out feelings.but the zoplicone stopped the lot. Anyone else had this experience with this med? Next morning all the symptoms re appeared as the day went on...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That is interesting, I personally use diazepam for anxiety but mt sleep pattern is horrendous. I want some zopoclone but dr refuses. I will ask again next time I see him

• Posted

Last visit my doctor told me that even a single dose of Zopiclone can shorten life expectancy in some people (NOT ALL ) .

Equally so I have seen people post they have been on it for 13 years and are taking several 7.5mgs at night as their body has become used to it.

They do seem to work well but again as my doctor said '' It's Risk versus Benefit '' so I will never use them in the future.

The Benzos like Diazepam have a sedating effect.

Your choice though. .

Peace 🙏

• Posted

GABA is a neurotransmitter that is responsible for calming you down, making you feel sleepy and generally feeling good.

Zopiclone, and all drugs of this kind, work by attaching to the GABA receptors in the brain, so that when GABA attaches to the receptor, it has a much stronger effect. Hence, you feel calmer. This effect does not last long term though, which is why your anxiety returned later on.

The issue is that with long term use of these drugs, the GABA receptors essentially become "burned out"; I believe this is from being asked to continually overwork (like driving a car in first gear all the time). You then have problems with insomnia and anxiety to an even greater extent.

If you have sleep problems and/or anxiety, I'd encourage you to look at natural remedies like taurine, theanine and valerian, which cause GABA to have an amplified extent but NOT in a way which damages the receptor sites. I had horrendous problems in this area, and was healed by a naturopath who recommended supplements of this kind.

• Posted

I've had problems with insomnia for the past 6 months because I can't off mitrazapine. I'm now on valerian and it works for me. And I have tried everything almost gave up thinking I wouldn't find something. Holland and Barrett sells them I get the 335mg ones x

• Posted

Well earlier this evening my chest was tight all over and wouldn't go away no matter how much relaxing I did. It then made me panic and I felt terrible. So I took a 3.75mg zopiclone and hey presto 20 mins later all chest tightness gone, panic gone. Feel fine. So I had my dinner in peace.

• Posted

i was on zopiclone for years ,it stopped working for me so decided to stop ,i went to hell and back for about two months. ,severe depression and anxiety ,would never touch them again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.