Zpack antibiotic

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm back again lol. I'm probably getting really annoying but I'm kinda worried. I currently have an ear infection so I'm on azithromycin to cure it. I looked up the side effects as I was feeling some stomach pain which is normal on this pill. And all that popped up was how it's fatal to those with pre existing cardiac problems. I've been having anxiety around my heart for a few months now. (Chest pain, shortness of breath, back pain, arm pain, etc) so as you can imagine I'm very scared. I have those symptoms once again except now it feels different. I have an overall extreme fatigue. My chest feels tight my arms feel weak and tired and ache. My chest has a weird fluttery feeling. I know I'm probably just over thinking but I would appreciate if someone could give me some comfort or have experienced anything like this or have taken the drug themselves. Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would try and relax they have to put all possible side effects on the medicine but that doesn't mean you will have them .

But if you are really concerned I would call your Dr, and talk with the nurse and see what she says.

She may want you to go back in and get checked again and/ or prescribe different med.

Good luck, but stay calm and keep posted please.

• Posted

Hi hun,

Let me tell you something... U r not on ur own with this. It is eveident that u r having panic attacks and ur anxiety is going thru the roof. Just because we get a racing heart when u r anxious, it doesn't mean u have cardiac problems, hence why ur GP prescribed them for u.

I go thru the same thing all the time. And the more aware i become of my heart, the faster it beats and i get all sorts of funny chest feelings etc...

Don't worry hun. However, i would suggest u speak to ur GP about ur concerns.

Wishing u great health

• Posted

Hi yes I agree with faith81 my heart often races and I can feel it, so much so that it becomes annoying, but the more you ficus on it the worse it becomes.

Best not to read side effects on any tablets, not unless you start experiencing something out of the normal for you, and even then unless its a real bother dont start blaming the tablets right away.

I had a chat to my gp about all the side effects listed on some meds I was on, she said that most tablets show similiar side effects, as they have to cover all possibilities, and most people wont be affected by any of them, or if they are they are usually mild and disappear after afew days or so, its just your body adjusting to the medication. That said obviously if you do have a severe reaction, get help straight away.

But the heart thing, I am guessing its just old Annie Anxiety, playing her tricks with you , hope this helps a little x

• Posted

Thank you so much for the replies everyone! It's awesome to know there are people out there who understand and care. Today was a better day and I'm feeling a lot better. Some twinges here and there and a bit of tightness but that's to be expected after having a bought with anxiety. I finished my last pill today and I no longer need to take it 😊 My ear pain is a lot better and I'm feeling better mentally as well.

• Posted

Yes I have been on it several times,with no problem. It's your anxiety talking. You doc gave it to you, so if he thought it was a risk, then he would have given you something else. Have you told them about your anxiety. They will put you on a antidepressant,so you will  get better with your anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.