Zyprexa a drug not suitable for anyone, under any condition

Posted , 20 users are following.

The number one way to indentify a terrible doctor, one who is reckless and has no regard for patient wellbeing or safety whatsoever is one who prescribes their patient Zyprexa.  This is a drug being handed out to treat anything from anxiety to sleep disorder, none of which it has ever been approved to treat by any governmental health regulatory body.  Even worse, this is often a physician's first line treatment option.  It really requires a certain level of sociopathy and/or sadism on the part of the physician to hand this drug out to anybody.

This drug is the strongest appetite stimulant on earth, even surpassing Cannabis.  Make no mistake, you will gain weight, more so than with any other drug on earth, you will have an unbelievable hunger and inability to feel full, your insulin sensitivty will be affected negatively and you will greatly increase your risk of Diabetes type II, none of which your physician is likely to inform you about.    When I read that patients who already have Diabetes or are overweight are put on this drug, it is honestly sickening.

Even if you actually do have a psychotic or other disorder requiring an antipsychotic, there are MANY better and safer alternatives atypical antipsychotics from which your doctor can choose from.  Seroquel, Saphris, Geodon, Risperdal, etc etc.  There is really NO condition or justifiable reason that this drug should ever be used period!

9 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

this drug is apparently huge with hospice-they claim the anti-nausea affect is amazing....but they do NOT tell family about any possible adverse reactions! big shock considering the state of healthcare.

my friend was prescribed olanzapine, and 3hrs after taking it he was unable to speak, restless, agitated. his brother called hospice and the said, "that is the cycle of death" and advised him to give another dose of dilaudid EIGHT MG, they told him 12hrs prior, wednesday evening to give every 3 hrs, NOT prn, GIVE IT. cycle if death would arrive quickly at that rate. This was thursday morning

i arrived about 6hours later, he still couldn't speak well but could say OVERDOPED.

4hrs later his speech was back but a little slurred (thanks to 24mg dilaudid in 14hrs and fentanyl patch. He said I'm DONE! Im not taking any more pills, especially that nausea med! His brother kept encouraging him to go inpatient hospice, my friend, who was alert, oriented and self sufficient refused. Family felt they needed to stay with him at night, "in case something happened", so inpatient would help with their concern. i stayed with him

Flash forward to Sunday morning. his sister stayed with him saturday night and said he had nausea and dry heaves-she said it was terrible-the interim the brother called hospice about it, they came out and convinced my friend to take olanzapine & dilaudid. i arrived moments after. my friend, still alert & oriented, said he was fine, & the night wasn't terrible for HIM, & sister needed to worry about herself. i was there about 2hrs and left, and about an hour after that his brother text that my friend wasn't doing well, was again unable to speak and restless -and he called hospice again and they feel this is "TRANSITIONING" !! i literally called bs and pointed out only diff was he got dilaudud & olanzapine again! i sent screen shot of side affects which he KNEW because he had been reading about it for days. He said hospice nurse was there and going to give additional meds to help calm him down. i was heading to airport at this time and cancelled my flight and did a u-turn.

i got there, friend was indeed again unable to speak, mumbling, trying to get up. the nurse said he was transitioning and i pointed out they jump to conclusions too quickly and gave the events of wed nite/thurs am--she stepped away and called the doctor had given his opinion by phone when she arrived. she said "we didnt know he had the same reaction Thursday morning or we wouldnt have thought he was transitioning...we're really sorry"...... sorry-schmorry, i told them ill stay with him, and comforted my friend who was obv doped as well. she said she gave him dilaudid, methadone while he aldo wearing a fentanyl 150mcg patch , crushed in a syringe squirted down his throat (! dangerous for aspiration but she felt he was 'transitioning') she nervously paced, still on phone, apologized again and said they could take him inpatient to watch him. i said it was ok, his neighbor and i would stay with him-she then pointed out she gave ativan also-doses were not mentioned but apparently the goal was to help him over the rainbow bridge by stopping his breathing.

the brother said Yes to inpatient, and an ambulance was sent for.

my friend was resting when the ambulance arrived and was not amused-you could see him struggling to push thru the meds to speak, and he was loaded up. i told him i would mert him there and i did. i KNOW what he looks like rolling in and the conclusions they would jump to, esp on a sunday night.

the hospice nurse, apparently the only one on duty, plus a tech were there. i gave her the events of the day and she stepped away. she came back with the brother & sister and started to go over the facts-which i repeated. she disagreed and felt it could be BRAIN METS. regardless of the fact my friend had body scan 3 wks prior and no brain mets SHE said it again with sister shaking head no (agrees with me) and that he needs COMFORT MEDS and brother blown away by super nurse and catscan vision making diagnoses. she pointed out he was having episodes of apnea, and restlessness was transitioning and i countered with the amount if drugs hospice unloaded on a man with s hemoglobin of 6! of course he'd have apnea. either no one, not the home hospice nurse nor the doctor put any info in the chart or she didnt read it or didnt care. she asked who the dpoa was, his brother raised hid hand and said we are not going to pick a fight with the hospice nurse -(if i continue to argue i will be asked to leave) i realized my friend was now screwed. His brother asked how long supernurse thought he had and she said maybe 2 days, maybe a week. i said if you start 'comfort meds' with the amount if narcotics in his system youre talking 3hours. she of course ignored me. she said she gave the first dose of dilaudid and ativan into his "button" a device they installed like an insulin pump so patients aren't poked over and over...the brother left to give sad news to father and would return in am. .she gave a second dose and declared him comfortable and said we could see him.

we walked in and he was breathing FOUR BREATHS PER MINUTE. i told the sister to call her brother bc my friend looked like he had about 15 minutes to me. she did. brother said thats funny i just got off the phone with the nurse who said hes resting comfortably i can come bk in the am (who is probably an LPN, bc theyre cheaper to use, no offense to any smart lpns out there) so apparently he called her again and she came in with with a tech and ANOTHER dose of ativan and dilaudid! i said it was absolutely unnecessary with breaths of 4 per minute, she had the tech give it 'anyway', with the brother coming back with the father to say goodbye, give it anyway. the tech looked at my friend and asked again "you said to GIVE it anyway?" she replied yes, like having the tech do this unethical thing relieved her of responsibility. the tech pushed the first syringe and all respirations stopped. she looked stunned. how she could be surprised made me question her education and training. she didnt give the 2nd syringe and ran to get the nurse. when the brother arrived with the father the nurse said, "i didnt even get to give the third dose and he was gone'--which was a play on words bc the third dose WAS given by her tech, not full dose of 2 meds but hiven despite 4 breaths per minute.

THIS ALL HAPPENED BC OF OLANZAPINE.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.