Zzzz

Posted , 5 users are following.

Why does sleep have to play such a big part of depression?

How can I be so so tired yet still not be able to sleep properly? Why do I have to have nightmares If and when I do sleep? Why do I always remember my dreams? Why do I feel like I'm not dreaming, like I know it's a dream and yet I can't wake myself up from it? Sorry if this makes no sense but not much in my life does

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

All that is quite common dondons and nothing to worry about.  It can be part of depression or some meds will have that effect. 

I don't know of anyone who can wake themselves at will from a dream and many do remembet their dreams.  Some don't as we are all different.

• Posted

Great questions and I have a feeling that part of resting is being at peace. I have the same issue. I was working on the morning show so I had to get up at 3:30am. Now I can't sleep without the Mert. It's so common. I know people that aren't "depressed" that also can't sleep so well. Maybe we're not as depressed as we think we are? LOL if you have dreams you can remember than you are sleeping better than you think. I was lucky to sleep more than 2 hours a night. I did that for over 2 months. I tried quitting Mert two days ago and found out how much it really does. Back on it again. Will be for a while.

• Posted

Hi there - do you take anything else with the Mirt? It works for me too - even 5mg and I take 20mg citalopram around 7pm
  • Posted

I keep questioning why i am having these dreams since being on mirtazapine. They are so vivid but i dont stay asleep long. Dont worry what you say is what imget too, its obviously the meds. I wouldnt mind so much if they took away the depression, but they dont.
  • Posted

It's bloody hard ! But I'm sorry I don't think I got my point across properly it's just difficult xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.