Zzzzzzzzz

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sleep sleep sleep. All I want to do is sleep it must be the depression and anxiety. If I am sleeping I am not worrying/panicking. I look forward to the weekends but don't go out or invite people over. I would like to have a better social life fear I am becoming a hermit. Maybe I should hibernate?? ! Sigh depression is not a nice thing 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Certainly isn't, ive been in bed the past few weeks just wanting to be alone, slowly managing things again though and you will to smile xx
    • Posted

Hi jake sorry to hear. I'm finding it hard to get up but I'm working full time we have a mortgage I think this is the only thing I get up for sad we will get there xx
    • Posted

Just trying to take each day as it comes xx

Somtimes doing those things are hard but not doing them can make you even worse, not that i ever take that advice haha but i think it can be true x

• Posted

That is a good philosophy jake don't think long term if I do it freaks me out and I get panicky. I think we have to force ourselves I get fearful of my work but if I didn't go what would I do?? Nothing and then be even worse rolleyes x
  • Posted

I wish I could sleep.  My depression makes it difficult for me to get rest.  Always have headaches from lack of sleep. 
    • Posted

Hi Anne I think I am the other way round I would sleep all day if I could. Have you tried kalms? I get panicky at dinner time so I take a diazepam and go to bed about 9pm this seems to be working better. X
    • Posted

Got up as cannot sleep and on my laptop at 12.30am.  When I go backj to bed I will only sleep for aboyt 4 hours.  Well I am old and understand older people need less sleep.  I don't have to get up for workj, but I don't lie in.  Usually up at 8am even though I have been lying awake for houyrs and hours.

Tried a lot of things, but nothing helps.  I am not on any prescribed medication.  Only take supplements.  I have been taking Kalms for months, and still take them before bed, and during day.  I keep hoping they will help.  At least my depression is a lot better since I have been on supplements.  I won't take sleeping pills or diazipam.  Done so in past but hate the feeling next day. 

• Posted

This computer makes nonsense of my messages and looks like I cannot spell.
    • Posted

Hi Anne hope your troubles will melt away soon. At least you are getting up I think that's half the struggle with depression getting out of bed you should be proud about that. I take diazepam when I really need to I don't like taking it it knocks me out and fluoxetine daily. Let me know your progress. Lovely to chat xx
    • Posted

Sorry could not send last message.  Moderator did not like.  Wish they could stop this site making nonsense of my messages it is so slow.  We will chat more.  Thanks.  No motivation at moment.  Need friends.  Wont let me send email address but this site difficult to send messages.  Get frustrated with it and does not help depression
    • Posted

I take calms and have now found something that helps with sleep bought in chemist called Quiet Night.  Makes me feel hungover next day, but I have slept better lately.  Won't take them every night. 
  • Posted

I feel exactly the same, the last week it's got worse for me. I know it's easier to give advice than it is to take it but if you feel like you want a better social life reach out to your mates and put yourself in them situations. Things will get better xx 
    • Posted

True lowbrow I am constantly giving advise but never take my own sad xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.