Banding

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Guys,

Have any you tried banding for piles what are your thoughts and experiences?.

Let me know please !!!!......

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Banding is a bit of an outdated and painful procedure. I had THD 3 years ago and the piles have never come back. Enquire about this as they dont offer it forst as ot is more expensive.
    • Posted

Hi ,

I've had halo already it wasn't successful they recommend banding 😂

• Posted

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! I guess everyone is different☺ I understand what your going through.. its awful 😕
  • Posted

Hi Mia

Not sure whether this will be much help but I had my big ones cut out 10 Days ago

When I seen my surgeeopn later after the op he explained that while removing the main prolapsing ones there was also "A few" (I didn't ask) smaller internal ones that he banded to save any further problems

I have even put off writing about my experience of this op till at least another week because I'm still waiting for something to go wrong (I'm a Man lol) because its all been incredibly easy and virtuallly pain free so far - I had my first totally pain free poo this Morning in fact and I now feel almost completely back to normal and not on any pain killers (Only needed paracetomol and Ibroprfen anyway)

What I did notice was that after 7 Days my "Bum hole" for want of a better word started to sting now and again when I farted with some yellow discharge in my pampers lol I assumed this was the banding as I could fart like a trooper since the op totally pain free!- I have never had at any time felt any discomfort internally as yet but I have become bloated these last couple of Days so that may also be a symptom (Its not my diet or BM thing but could be the laxative)

But I have seen your other posts and all the trauma you have been through

So I am assuming these are internal ones and not sticking out of your bum- If so I dont think you will have any problems apart from a few Days of moderate pain because they must have to "Get in there" to do it

But I reckon it will be pretty painlesss like mine (so far)

I can let you know if I develop anything else from the ones I have done as the main operation is over as far as I can feel (My wounds are not sore any more and I can wipe my bum with huggies without it stinging like it did before)

I do hope it all goes well for you and you can at last be free of all this suffering you have been going through

Best of luck

Dave

• Posted

Hi Dave ,

Thank you for your post what about fratimg thick mucus discharge after the banding a friend of mine had mucus discharge that looked like flesh but her surgeon assured her it was mucus did u have any of this?...

• Posted

Hi Mia

No fleshy stuff so far all I get now is this yellow stuff - Its not thick now although it was at first -- It just seeps out on its own or when it gets a bit of wind in its sails lol - I was weraing pampers at first especially when I went out just to stop it going on my underwear or if it became more pronounced - Now I just stuff a baby wipe in there and it does the job - So I suppose its being squuezed out by the bands as they shrivel the piles (My logic anyway) It is very small amounts at the moment and I'm not concerned about it in any way as there is no discomfort (So far)

• Posted

Hello I'm sorry I don't know how to find your other posts but would you please share your experience with me pre op if you've had one? I'm in the middle of a nightmare with piles but I have severe phobia re all things medical and can't go to doctors. I am in constant pain and my BM,s are just awful! I rarely produce anything solid. I would be so grateful for any insight into your experience. Thanks in advance. E. 
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth

You really do need to see your GP about your BM as it could be caused by a multipal of things - Piles are normally nothing serious except a very painful experience but can be a product of lots of other bowel disorders and in your case you really need to be checked out.

Please love, Just go to your local chemist first at the very least and they will advise you on any immediate remedies for both conditions and any further advice if that does not work - But the pharmacist will Certainly help and advise you a lot better than any of us lay people on here - Please do it Now!

Dave

• Posted

Hi Mia , hope youre doing ok . Not been here a while as this site seems to freeze up my pc . I have had bandings done on 4 separate occasions , the last time they did seven at once . I havent had any sucess with it at all , but I know others have . I think its a simple procedure that they will try as a first step , but often leading to more invasive stuff . It doesnt hurt to give it a try , unless they band the wrong thing ( which they did once for me and I spent a horrific night with it ) .
    • Posted

Hi how did u know they banded the wrong thing ?...
    • Posted

Hi Mia , only one of the bands was in wrong place , it was put on the lining of my colon instead of on one of the piles . You shouldnt actually feel a band as it is put on flesh which has not supposed to have much in the way of pain receptors . Luckily it came off after one day . It was more of an 'oops sorry' from the surgeon , but no damage done .

Despite the fact that I have had little or no noticable success from banding , it wouldnt stop me from trying it again , as patients will often get multiple bandings done at the same time , and if by chance one of them has some sucess then it has to be a good thing .

• Posted

Hi sore butt,

Did u have bleeding for a few days after wards?

• Posted

Hi sore Butt,

It's now been a week since the awful banding I had done I was in pain for days considapted and unable to pass a poo for 5 days today I woke up with a urge to poo and it was just bright red blood I've emailed the surgeon as I went private for this procedure I don't think it's normal 😔 I think I will have to head to the hospital this evening after work I read there are no complications of banding so I can't see what may of happened to cause this ?!

• Posted

Hi Mia , I cant think what that could be either . Certainly one for the surgeon to answer . 5 days is wayyy too long to go without a poo . Was there poo with the blood or blood alone ? Please let me know how it goes at hospital Mia X 
    • Posted

Dear sorebutt,

It's been 17 days after banding I'm still bleeding with vowel movement is the normal after banding ?

• Posted

Hi Mia , sorry to hear you're still having bleeding . I have bled for years , although lately much less . Even after many bandings I still bled , but to be honest I expected that . I think maybe you should get back in touch and let them know its still bleeding after 17 days , because I think I'm right in saying you never bled before this procedure . Its definitely worth asking the question .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.