BV CURED!

Posted , 390 users are following.

I was pretty excited to come on this site to share what has cured me because i know how frustrating bv is and i am sure some of you have tried many things.

I had bv for 3 months. I am just now getting over it. I had gone to the doctors twice and have taken metronidazole and clindamycin. both intravaginal gels. Both gave me unwanted side effects and my symptoms came back after a week with both. I have also tried douching with h202 and vinegar for 5 days but it did not cure me while taking acidiphilus tablets and inserting two vaginally. It did not cure me. Little by little the itch would come back.

After a lot of research i was determined to fight this as I have seen many women have it for years and not have any solutions. Here are my findings and I am proud to say I am bv free! I take a vitamin b complex with folic acid 800, vitamin d3 5000iu and acidiphilus daily. do some research on it and test it out, i promise you wont be disappointed!

36 likes, 1009 replies

1009 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Just wanted to chime in that Boric Acid worked for me. Bought the gelcaps and the boric acid off of Amazon, made the caps, inserted vaginally, wham, BV gone in three days of treatment. I was thrilled. Nothing else was working for me.
  • Posted

I just had to thank you SO much for your comments, your help, and your continued responses to everyone's questions - this whole topic is so challenging and upsetting, and finding support here has meant the world to me, honestly thank you so much.

I've ordered the products you recommended after being prescribed metronidazole yet again - looks like such nasty stuff, so intense.  Anyway, I finally feel some hope smile

I actually live in the US and only joined this site because I had to thank you!

• Posted

That's great! I hope one of the remedies mentioned work for you! 
  • Posted

I had been bv free for nearly two weeks, had my period and even sex a few times then it came back Friday with a vengence out with my friends I could smell it, I was gutted tried apple vinegar and vit c inserted and a handful of pro biotic pills,when that didn't help I was kind of resigned to it. Today i'm back to beat it again used my balance gel and vit c inserted and it feels better. Really feel for everyone.

• Posted

Just wanted to say thanks for posting your remedies. Although my symptoms are very mild (thank God) its an annoying thing to have to deal with daily and after being back and forth to the gyn decided to ditch the antibiotics for a natural remedy. ACV didn't work for me (I drank it too..yuck...) So, starting the ultra flora 50 billion and vh probiotic today (couldn't find the bv capsules everyone has mentioned) along with Vagisil's ph balance wash and will post and update. I'm hoping this is the end to this smile 
  • Posted

If your looking for a wash the gum clinic recommended to me aqueous cream just rub on a small amount and rinse well. Very refreshing and a great healer if your feeling a bit sore and a massive tub from the poundshop wink
  • Posted

Hi I'd just like to add to the discussion on things I have tried just to help anyone looking for other ways to try and cure bv.

I have had what seems to be chronic bv for at least 3 years but has gotten worse in the last 8 months. My symptoms include white watery discharge, fishy smell, constant discharge and sometimes ichy. 

I have tried taking probiotics both vaginally and orally which didn't seem to do anything. I then decided to bath with tea tree oil which again didn't help. I then read on the Internet about douching with 1 part hydrogen peroxide 1 part water. I used that while laying in the bath tub and you will see it bubble right away. This has been the only thing that has gotten rid of all my symptoms.  Sadly this only lasts a couple of days before I start to see the symptoms come back. I also used the peroxide with the probiotics and didn't seem to help prolong the symptoms.  

However I read now about boric acid vaginally once a day for 2 weeks which I have began today with my probiotics (I had spoken to the pharmacist who told me do not cheap out on the probiotics because the cheaper they are the less likely they will make it to your vagina taken orally.) So I bought the one she suggested which was Jamieson 10 billion active cells. And I got the boric acid from my pharmacy it's behind their counter at Walmart (I'm in canada) no prescription needed .I took the boric acid which was in a powder form and I inserted it with my finger vaginally. (Do not take orally or you will poison youraelf) now it's been a few hours but you instantly get a very runny almost watery discharge so I suggest a panty liner. But so far so good. No smell no burn no discomfort. This seems like it is really going to work. I go to my doctor tomorrow to discuss. I will repost again to update with my findings. Let me know if you have questions. Maybe this could help someone else.  

• Posted

Well... I simply MUST share with you ladies my experience!! A few days before I found this site I came to the conclusion that if I was going to beat bv I was going to have to figure it out myself & had took wheatgrass juice 3 days in a row, (I grow it at home & freeze it), then I read this thread 2 days ago, (THANK YOU KRIS29!!! XO...). I took a shot of apple cider vinegar, (for the last few years different ppl have mentioned that they use it, & the final straw was seeing it here on this site to wash with), but I swallowed a tbsp of it. The next afternoon I used the washroom, & noticed no more bv discharge, no smell, no discomfort. (I smelled my panties like 5 times!) eek! So I swallowed another tbsp yesterday & decided to wait & see. I'm pretty excited & wanted to come back & share with you ladies! No meds, no pills, just wheatgrass for health & nutrition to boost my immunity & applecider vinegar, (Braggs). I'll share my history below.

I've had mild symptoms since having my second last baby, 2005. 2011 I went though a tremendously stressful & emotionally devastating situation and the symptoms got bad enough that I went to the doc. He prescribed meds. I took them. Then again. This is when I learned about the symptoms of bv & realized that I'd had it since 2007 sad I had epsom salt baths to cope with the symptoms and manually forced some water you know where. Lots of times I'd go straight from the shower to the bath, daily. Also resorted to wearing pads throughout the day to conseal any odor :,( So awful.

Then the situation was continued so I went to a gynecologist & the results were more meds & it came back. I went to my natural health doc, (accupuncture, chiro,  + other cool natural med training). He prescribed me olive leaf extract & said parasites were the problem. Obviously stress in my life was reducing my immune & other systems to be weak. I took it and got sooooo sick that I couldn't finish, I thought it was the flu and I thought I'd throw up my pills so I didn't take them. Later I realized it was the bad stuff coming out of my system! I retook the olive leaf extract & had no similar reaction so I felt confident that the parasites were gone the first time. The bv was gone! I was symptom free for months! But still had stress & emotional pain from the 2011 event and now my second oldest son was taking street drugs, & I'm not talking about just pot. He'd just not come home for 10 days, I couldn't sleep, eventually started having anxiety attacks small & big when he didn't come homesad The bv came back. Went to my natual health doc & he said I needed rest & to reduce stress, try meditation!!!! sad Just fix this doc, pls! But nope. I was on my own & am so thankful to have found this site! My son is still using but my relationship with him has improved to being better than its ever been & I am confident theres a good chance he'll make it through. I am caring for myself better than ever & pursuing my dreams;o) 

My wheatgrass & applecider vinegar:

This summer I grew my first batch of wheatgrass so that my kids would have the best possible vitamins, (I'd just learned about synthetic vs natural vitamins & minerals, wow!). I grow it & put it into my vitamix with some ice & water to crush the grasses. (It's important to have a powerful machine to juce wheatgrass.) Then I pour that into shot glasses & put them in the door of my freezer and I take one out to thaw & consume. (Haven't had a lot of success getting my kids to drink it, lol. Some do some don't. I have 6 sons). And as for the applecider vinegar, we use it to treat our horses. From a cut to a runny nose, applecider vinegar does the trick. My carpenter used it to help his health. It helps diabetes! My nail tech uses it too. I used it for toner on my face. But the other day is when I started taking it orally. It alkalizes my ph & kills bacteria! I'm very excited & so grateful. If you try it don't let it touch your teeth, it will damage them. I mixed it this morning with a bit of honey, (a different accupuncture pracitioner insisted strongly that unpasturized honey is the only way to go), and some water. Three swallows that were uncomfortable sure beat the one swallow that stopped me from breathing for 20 secondswink I used Braggs Applecider vinegar because they are leaders in the health benefits of it & do things with the highest possible standards. Check out their site, so much cool information. A bottle of it is like $8 at my local healthfood store.

Good luck ladies. Thank you so very very much for posting here. You all were an encouragement & inspiration to help me find a way to get healthier.

I will post again if I have any more experiences with bv.

• Posted

Update, I missed taking apple cider vinegar this morning, I've taken IT a few days in a row & felt the infection coming back right before lunch. No foolin around w this hey? I guess I'll have to be very regimented & do this long term. I may try some of the other treatments that are discussed here if I don't make better progress.
    • Posted

Be careful you don't get a yeast infection. It's an internal balance you can't just treat your vagina. Apple cider makes your oh levels lower by making it acidic but you aren't curing the bv so it will continue to come back and even worse. 
    • Posted

I also hear that boric acid suppositories help both yeast and bv.  if you havent maybe you should look into
    • Posted

I take a candida support supplement that kills yeast but thank you. I am bv free but If it happens again maybe I'll try that. I have remedies that work very well for me so it's easy for me to get rid of it the first sign I get it. Thank you let me know how the boric acid is 
  • Posted

I have been inserting vit c which seems to cure the smell but has left me feeling quite dry inside the smell is gone for now but there is some discharge, I wish i could work out whether this is just natural discharge or not? I've read quite a lot on boric acid but virtually impossible to get in UK. As for drinking apple vinegar I take with honey still quite nasty but a bit better. I'm also rattling with the amount of vitamins I'm taking. I think as the other poster said stresss does seem to be a factor as my ailments seem to get better when i'm nor stressed about sex
    • Posted

You'll have somewhat a watery discharge it will subside. What else are you taking and have you read the remedies listed in this discussion 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.