BV CURED!

Posted , 390 users are following.

I was pretty excited to come on this site to share what has cured me because i know how frustrating bv is and i am sure some of you have tried many things.

I had bv for 3 months. I am just now getting over it. I had gone to the doctors twice and have taken metronidazole and clindamycin. both intravaginal gels. Both gave me unwanted side effects and my symptoms came back after a week with both. I have also tried douching with h202 and vinegar for 5 days but it did not cure me while taking acidiphilus tablets and inserting two vaginally. It did not cure me. Little by little the itch would come back.

After a lot of research i was determined to fight this as I have seen many women have it for years and not have any solutions. Here are my findings and I am proud to say I am bv free! I take a vitamin b complex with folic acid 800, vitamin d3 5000iu and acidiphilus daily. do some research on it and test it out, i promise you wont be disappointed!

36 likes, 1009 replies

1009 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have had BV off and on for years. I never new this was a problem until my last visit maybe over a year ago and the doctor told me about it. She advised me to take the cream for about 3 to 6 months I believe.  I just remember I had so many refills. I am so glad I began to do my research on this and found your post. I am going to the store today to buy the g

Tea tree suppositories.  I have Vitamin D capsules but they are missing the Magnesium. I wonder if that makes a big difference.  I can't wait to see results! 

• Posted

I also just read that you should have your partner treated too. I remember the doctor telling me that he could keep giving it back to me. I wonder if the treatment would be the same for men. I know that the suppositories wouldn't be an option though lol.
    • Posted

Honestly not sure about that because it's so controversial. My dr said no it can't be transmitted, others will say it can. I still have sex and my partner hasn't gotten anything lol I also don't have it either so Idk hard to say honestly what's true or not 
    • Posted

Right. Well thanks again for sharing this information.  I look forward to being BV free!
    • Posted

Yes Kris29 it is very controversial.  I personally dont think it can be transmitted.  Semen, soaps even your own period can cause a bv problem.  It all has to do with your PH.
    • Posted

I personally dont think it can be transmitted.  Semen, soaps even your own period can cause a bv problem.  It all has to do with your PH.
  • Posted

I have suffered with bv since around June, my periods were coming every three weeks and my doctor had confirmed I had a low blood count, sent me away telling me to eat steak. What I had noticed was that I was constipated and whilst my partners semen had always left my body quite quickly it now wasn't. In June my daughter noticed a fishy smell around me I kind of thought it was my imagination and would go away, needless to say it didn't and i now check constantly.

I have been to the gum clinic twice who advised to use Aquarius soap to wash below as I was using every cover up. I have had antibitiocs twice felt I'll on them and each time it came back within days. I have tried vitamins, yoghurts every pill.

At the end of my tether I crushed up acidophilus tablets in water and inserted overnight with a Tampa's. Next day the Tampa's smelt vile and still bv. I then decided to soak a Tampa's in apple cider vinegar insert and then push up a vitamin c tablet. This morning the smell is gone though I have just repeated the same again as well as taking a acilidilous tablets, vitamin c and a tea spoon of reutin.

I hope I cure it, active gel from the chemist is good but only cures it for a day or so.

Hope any of this helps. I think bv was down to jaccuzis and constipation but who knows!

• Posted

Not Sure if this helps, but i found this online. I've been dealing with bv for 3 years now, and im tryed afew things. Im gonna start this and see what happens.

Bacterial infections in the vagina:

(please be aware that in the case of a bacterial infection, doctors often use antibiotics for treatment, to kill the BAD bacteria. The problem is, antibiotics also kill your GOOD bacteria, leaving your vulnerable to a yeast infection. So you will want to do things at home that prevent yeast over growth, and encourage your good bacteria to grow back as soon as possible)

* Practice all the tips in the Yeast Infection prevention list, to counteract the negative effects of the antibiotics.

* Take a garlic supplement EVERY day. Garlic is a true, medicinal miracle food! Not only is it wonderful for heart health as it reduces cholesterol– but it also contains an ingredient called “Alicin” which is a powerful natural antibiotic. But Alicin only kills BAD bacteria, so your good bacteria will be safe. Some medical professionals and natural healers will even compare garlic’s power, to that of penicillin. Many cultures have been using crushed fresh garlic to heal infected wounds for centuries. A supplement / pill is best, because otherwise you will have to eat large amounts of raw garlic (cooking garlic takes away the Alicin). Your supplement should have an Alicin count of 3,000-5,000 per serving. Take as directed.

* Drink plenty of (sugar-free) fluids, to cleanse your body.

• Posted

Hi I had a question about the garlic supplement? Does it make you smell like garlic or make your urin smell
  • Posted

Since being with my husband I've been dealing with this off and on for a few years especially after giving birth to my son. Most times they've been minor and the doctor visit usually squares it all away. But I'm at a point now where I can't bring myself to waste the money on the doctors anymore. Tired of getting this time and time again. It's just incredibly frustrating.

So I'm heading to the store tomorrow in search for ultimate flora 25 billion. I take a regular probiotic but it hasn't really been helping in the least. Is there anything else I should be getting with those. Cutting the sugar as of tomorrow as well and I believe I read somewhere in here Kefir? I'm just so dang desperate that I'm willing to try almost anything because the itching is relentless.

So far from what I have found this thread has been the most useful by far and I'm hoping for some results!

• Posted

The tea tree oil suppositiories will get rid of the itch immediately. cut out sugars and processed foods. Drink a lot of water and you may need to get a higher probiotic. There is two kefirs that I know is good. Evolve plain can mix with berries of your choice that is 50billion in one serving. You can get life way which is I think 20 billion or 10 billion a serving I foeget I don't drink it anymore. try vitamin c inserted too that will help. Also odor treatment helps bv too
    • Posted

Hey I just want to let you know that for instant relief if symptoms are getting to much to handle is 1 part hydrogen peroxide 1 part water you can put it on a tampon or what I do is lay in an empty tub and use a oral syringe and spray it up there until the bubbling inside stops. This has helped me a huge deal with my symptoms it gets rid of the smell ichy and discharge. Only problem is it will return. But for a quick fix I'm suggesting that. Even once a week has helped me alot. 
  • Posted

I just was diagnosed with bv and I was treated at the hospital a few days ago my symptoms were clearing up until tonight the discharge and the foul odor came back I smoje cigarettes and had some alcohol and I drunk some kool-aid in the morning I'm going back to the hospital step by step by step you tell me what I did wrong and what can I do to keep me from getting these symptoms back is it the ay I'm eating and drinking that caused my symptoms to reoccur how should take of myself and what is it I should tell the doctor when I see him tomorrow in the morning.

• Posted

Processed foods high carbs artificial sweeteners sugar, basically if it isn't green healthy and protein your symptoms will come back immediately because sugar feeds the bacteria you need to clean up diet and drink a lot

Of water 

• Posted

Ive been dealing with BV for a little over a year now, on and off.   It's so embarrassing.  The smell is horrible!!!

I have tried Tea Tree Oil, Flagyl, some Metro blah blah vaginal cream and store brand probiotic pills 2 billion......NOTHING helped. Im tired of wasting money - going to the doctor for some 7 days pills that do not cure the issue. 

Yesterday, i came across your thread and i felt this may be my breakthrough.   I searched my entire lunch break today for these Ultra Flora pills.  I purchased the 90 billion set.  (I figured the 50 billion would not be enough for this atrocious fishy smell).

After reading a trillion Amazon reviews, this just may be what I need!  I'll provide a follow up in a few days.  But i have noticed a difference in 12 hours! I'm so excited! 

• Posted

Glad the peobiotic is working. It should because you need to replenish your internal balance. Can only do that with good bacteria. you can also try vitamin c inserted I have tried that it helps a lot. As for

The tea tree, only the suppositories are good for over night. Hope you can rid of the problem smile 

• Posted

Thank you. You are an angel!!! I'll be giving an update!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.