Can anyone set my mind at ease

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been having stomach problems for a while now, mainly bloating really bad that I look pregnant, mainly the upper part of my tummy and cramping pains, I stupidly googled symptoms and thanks to Mr Google have convinced myself I have ovarian cancer and I'm sending myself demented. I don't have any wind problems but I am always struggling to go to the toilet but I put that down as a side effect from the medication that I take for my back problems, but now I've sown the seed in my head it's driving me insane, please could someone share with me the type of pain bis causes please. Thankyou so much

Sharon (worried sick mummy of 3)

Xxxxxx

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Him worst thing to do is Google

Ovarian cysts tends to cause lower back pain and can be very sore the bloating will be worse at night and then better when you wake up

This is excess wind in your colon expanding also constipation can cause bloating

Ivaruan cancer has a lot of other symptoms

Speak to your go go to put your mind at rest

I know when I'm treating my patients I always like them to ask any questions or concerns before leaving the ward

• Posted

Excellent question & thanks for the feedback. I am quite sure someone reading about your concerns will respond to you and give you needed advice. I hope soon.

Thank You.

• Posted

Hello MCFC

Google can help but I fear not in your case.

I am more intermittly Ill but used to be more poorly on a regular basis and this included waking up with severe pain in my stomach. The type that stops you dead in your tracks. The proverbial doubled over look. I do not get this as much now but I still do occasionally. Since I changed my diet I have lost a lot of weight but some of which could be caused by the bloating/gas whatever you want to call it.  Also sounds like you may be a tad constipated. When I was like this I had that bloated look too. 

I don't know anything about ovarian cancer but I recognise your symptoms very well.

• Posted

Ask your doctor about IBS.  He will probably send you for tests to rule out other conditions.  If all your tests are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.  I started off with stomach pain, nausea, constipation and loose stools.  After three and a half months of tests, Irritable bowel was diagnosed.  I had an ultrasound, a celiac test, and a stool test for fecal calprotectin and h pylori which were all normal.  

I made the the mistake of googling and I convinced myself I had all sorts of nasty conditions.  One doctor out of eight understood my symptoms; the rest had no idea what was wrong.

• Posted

Hello philippa

All those symptoms in your first para resonate with me. 

Do you still get ill or are you better now?

I do not have triggers so my when I am ill it just happens 

thank you

• Posted

I always have some low level stomach pain which I can usually ignore and the bowel symptoms seem to have got more normal.  Just before New Year I had a full flare up with nausea and was in agony. It took some time for the pain medications to work.  My stomach went wild.  I had gas from my upper and lower digestive tract, stomach rumbling and oil retention until the next morning.  When I had a fry up, I thought I was going to vomit.  The oil retention was a symptom I used to get years ago and I had to avoid oily foods.  However, I haven't had this for a long time.  I wonder if it was post Christmas stress because anxiety brought on IBS in the first place.  

It seemed strange that my old food intolerance reactivated because usually I can eat all sorts of foods.

• Posted

Hello,

It seems that your symptoms might be ibs, have a word with your doctor and ask for a blood test which will rule out anything sinister and put your mind to rest.

• Posted

Thankyou everyone for taking the time to reply to me xx
  • Posted

Dear Sharon,

I started this topic about a month ago to ask others who had been DIAGNOSED BY THEIR DOCTOR to have IBS. i am now leaving this site because so many people are not going to their doctors but coming here for a diagnosis. This is a seriously unsafe thing to do. Go to your Doctor Sharon and if HE diagnoses IBS by all means come and read all the helpful advice about diet etc to help with the problem. After all if your pilot on the plane you were on asked you how to fly the plane you would be worried wouldnt you?

• Posted

No, Amanda! Please don't go - stay and remain a voice of reason smile  I think many people on here are young and/or new to illness like this and don't know what to do - continuing to post reasonable messages with patience may get through...  I can't believe how many people stop eating gluten and decide they're all fixed up when they feel better. What about proper diagnosis? What if it's Coeliac and you could have rx for food and be looked after properly for other auto-immune issues?  Sigh... (In the US we don't have benefits like free supply of GF stapes, but it's highly important nonetheless) I feel your "pain" smile

Sharon, please see your dr. and go at this from a GI angle. Your ovaries aren't in your upper tummy so it seems more likely to be stemming from your "gut". Maybe an imbalance (you said it could be your meds and that's quite possible) or side effect...maybe IBS. I am very much like you - have ruled out Coeliac so still IBS mostly C (um, not always, the D can strike at times, too). Meds haven't helped, I have to try to stay free from too much stress (always some when you're a Mum) and watch when my eating habits get too poor. See what your Dr. says - even OB/GYN if you don't think you'll be at peace without ruling out Ovarian C. 

GL!! smile

• Posted

It's cause I have pains in my ovaries which have been constant for weeks now just on the left side, I do have ovarian cysts but the pain I normally get has never lasted this long, but alongside the ovarian pain I have a cramping pain and bad bloating in my upper tummy just below my breasts it's that high, it's Mr Google that has convinced me it ovarian cancer, I have been the des and I'm waiting on full blood tests next week xx
    • Posted

Oh ok I'm really sorry, just wanted some reassurance while I was waiting for blood tests. Sorry x
    • Posted

HUGS to you, Sharon! Your whole abdomen must feel horrible! sad  Hang in there - and please let us know your test results! xx
  • Posted

Just to let you know my history I first became unwell 5 years ago and after  about a year I was so bad I did have to visit my GP then came off and on 4 years of a mixture of tests, visiting GP and dieticians. As I still get ill but more intermittently I came across a link to this site and this is my first week.

I have great difficulty speaking about this subject but others' are less restrained so already I am learning but I am not a GP but I will try and help others' by discussing my symptoms and how I have improved.

I wish I had known about this 5 years ago when I was violently ill regularly but felt unable to speak out about such a horrible subject.

• Posted

This forum is for advice and people to share there views who have same symptoms

I am a qualified nurse who has worked in mainly A and E wards also in endoscopy etc I never ever diagnose over this forum as I said this is for advice and I always say go and see your doctor I have discussed things through private message and given advice and also answered questions after people being diagnosed with certain conditions and were worried with there medication or symptoms after surgery I never advertise what I do for a living as I got some good advice myself from people who had the same problems And I would be inundated with questions sorry to rattle on but always see a doctor that's my best advice

Kevin

N P

• Posted

Sorry astrozombie that last post was for the whole group as a not pointed at your self sorry about that hope your feeling better it is good to talk about your problem
    • Posted

Hello Kevin

Not a problem. I did the same thing as my reply was to Amanda but replied to the op.

I agree doc should always be first point of call but it is concerning when they say we just don't know all the answers to this problem. I am better but not cured. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.