coming to the end

Posted , 6 users are following.

Coming to the end of my journey on orlistat, i am finding it very hard to loose the last few pounds, i seem to have come to a stand still.

Can anyone suggested anything i can do?? i have tried eating different things, but i seem to have hit a brick wall :-(

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I would guess stop tryingsmile If you walk maybe walk an ectra few mins, don't think about it. I know it's your goal , but just let it happen, they say the last are the hardest and I truly believe just forgetting about it and carrying on will help! Good Luck smile 
    • Posted

Thank you, i will keep going and see what happens xx
  • Posted

Wow, you have done well, maybe increase change your workouts
    • Posted

I havent done any workouts lol, and i have lost 7 stone, maybe time to start them. Thanks for your reply xx
    • Posted

about a yr in total, i put on alot of weight when i was put on anti depressants, a very vicous circle :-( 

So glad to wave bye bye to the weight lol feel so much better for it :-)

• Posted

Well done! Good luck with the last few pounds x

• Posted

Wow I see you lost 7 stone, with little or no exercise. .I find having no time for me is the main problem with that .lol. you say it took a year which isn't that long for the amount you lost...may I ask ...did it come off daft to start with? Have you found it easy? What kind if eating patten did you do? We're you strick...sorry about all the questions I'm just amazed and interested....and looking for motivation. best wishes .
  • Posted

Hi it seems my post has been sent to be modified.id don't know why .but I'd like to congratulate you on your 7 stone loss..and find out more in another message from myself to you...your an insperation.

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Tess

I found writing down what i had eaten helped a lot. I could look back on a good week to see what i had eaten. I would eat weetabix with fruit for breakfast. Soup and a jelly for lunch. Or one of those pasta mug shots and a yoghurt. Tea i would have what ever i was cooking for the family. 5% mince, chicken, low fat sausages, pork. Low fat cooking sauces. Pasta, rice, lots of salad and veg.

At times i found it hard when the weight loss slowed down, i thought i have been so good and lost 1lb!!! but i kept going a loss is a loss, and as long as it was going down then that had to be good.

Good luck with your journey, message me anytime if you want any help or support xx

• Posted

Morning. Thankyou for your lovely rep. Sometimes I forget to write down what I have on myfitpal..as this does help.i more or less do the same as you . except for tea if my family who are young adults and sometime get a takeaway then I will have a weight watchers meal and bulk it out with salad or veg...I do eat lots of fruit too..I know I need to definitely drink more water ..of course I'm not always good and friends at work or family tempt me to stray.. but on the whole I'm not looseing as good as I feel I deserv if that makes sense. May I ask you how long you were on orlistat and how much you have lost in total and also how long did it take...I'm 55 yes old I'm 5'2' and I think I weigh about 14 stone..
    • Posted

Hi I'm sorry I see you lost 7 stone .I've replyed to and received lots so forgive me if it looks like I hadn't read anything you'd sent before but please could you tell me are you still taking orlist.i really don't think they are working for me...I see the Dr for my weigh in on 10 august had the date changed was ment to have been a couple of days ago. .I'm so scared she won't prescribed me any more if I haven't lost enough ..
    • Posted

How much have you lost? and how long have you been on them? 

I am on my last packet now, i am trying to make them last until i go on holiday which is the end of Aug. I am trying to eat fat free meals. Plenty of fat free yogurts and fruit. I hope your gp is sympathetic, its not an easy journey to lose weight. As long as you show you are loosing weight you should be ok. This is why i said write down what you eat, that way you can look back and see what foods work for you best. I think as we get older it becomes harder to shift it :-( 

the last 3 weeks i have lost only 2lb, but it is a loss, and thats what you need to remember, any loss is a good thing :-)

Good luck at the gp, let me know how you get on! xx 

• Posted

Hi...I haven't wighed at home because my scales are off snd change everytime you step on them ...I get wighed at the Dr's Monday. .20th Aug. ..it will be 7 weeks just going into my 8th week although it seems longer.. yesterday I actually tried on a dress I couldn't get over my shoulders size 18. ...still a long way to go but it made me feel great... (untill I catch a glimpses of myself in a shop window ) I try to avoid all moirroers. ..lolbut I do feel a lot better and more aware of what I want to eat......thankyou for all your help and advice much appreciated.
    • Posted

Sorry ment this Monday 10th Aug. .
    • Posted

I know what you mean when you talk about shop windows, i hated going out, i hated going in clothes shops, but now....... well you cant keep me out of them. AND you will get there, just keep going, once you have been weighed and you see the weight going down it gives you  a boost and the incentive to keep going.

Do you like greek natural yoghurt? you can get this in a fat free form. I LOVE IT,with berrys and honey drizzled over the top. It is my most favourite thing at the moment. Sometimes i bake a banana in the oven, put yoghurt and honey over the top...lush :-) my family like puddings so i had to find something i could have, now they have it as well. You can do the same with an apple, sprinkle a little cinnamon over it as well.

Stick at it, you are in the right frame of mind, so that helps.

I hope your weigh in at the doctors puts a big smile on your face.

Keep me posted and good luck :-) xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.