Ear, Throat, Neck Pain (is this another POST- MENOPAUSE) blessing ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey ladies.

Thank God for this page! We all know we have used Dr. Google who has at one time had us all convinced we are dying of cancer as these symptoms are relentless.

**I have had the wacked out periods (last one was a year ago and blood test show I am POST-menopausal)

**I have had the nausea, could not eat, lost weight

**I have had the brain fog

**I have cried and still cry for no reason

**I have flown off the handle for trivial crud

**I have had the belly cramps

**I have had the deep muscle (scapula) shoulder blade pain (I am right handed and do a LOT of computer work) so I am sure that does not help especially being I sit like a pretzel

**I once loved Christmas but can't wait until it's gone this year.

The reason for this post which has me kind of concerned is this all new lovely symptom and was wondering if any of you ladies can relate:

**I have "1" barely visible (may be nothing) white like pimple (it's a little red around it) in the right side of my throat next to my tonsils.

**I have had bouts with tonsil stones but have never really "looked" for them they just usually "come out"

**This pimple like thing is kind of tender "like a pimple or canker sore"

**Does not really hurt to swallow or I don't have trouble swallowing

**Not losing weight

**No fever

**I have this inner "shooting" ear pain on that same side (feels like it's deep in my ear"

**Not dizzy

**I also have pain in my right jaw (under my ear) like a deep/sharp ache that comes and goes

**Lymph nodes are not swollen that I can tell

**No lumps or swelling in my neck.

Do any of you have like a tender throat (not sure if that spot has anything to do with it) but seems odd it's all on my right side with sharp ear, jaw and neck pain?

I have been Googling all kinds of head/neck/throat cancers and although I have "some" of the symptoms Dr. Google has me once again convinced this is something more than menopause cuz why would our hormones have anything to do with this right (lol).

Finding out our hormones have a lot to do with everything but this one is kind of strange I thought.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

hi dear,

i have had worse symptoms and still trying to keep my head above water. Am in my bed typing with blurred vision an dizzy spells. i hope and pray we all get through this quickly.

Stay strong

• Edited

Hi Wendy,

I suffer from 24/7 blurry vision too. It is by far my worst and most stressful symptom.

• Posted

Leisa, I'm inclined to say everything is due to meno. But I think in your throat case I would go see an ENT and have it looked at if you've had it for awhile now. It's probably some sort of coxsackie or herpes virus thingy. When our hormones deplete it weakens our immune system thus leaving viruses to surface.

I did have a sore throat for months (but no visible ulcers inside), and then it turned out to feel like a lump in my throat and it was hard to swallow. An ENT scoped my throat and found nothing, except for redness. In my case I had reactivated EBV surface due to my weakened immune system. And I think this was the cause of the long sore throat. I had myself so convinced I had throat or lung cancer, and I think that's when the globus (lump in throat) took over, from all the anxiety. Google can be a great thing or an evil thing.

Hope you feel better soon.

XO

• Edited

sinuses and allergies can cause this as well. I get all that you have mentioned often and it is caused by allergies. they worsen for some women during this time. some women who have never had allergies will develop them in peri. good luck to you and if you're concerned then definitely see your dr.

• Posted

Yes sitting here now, with the jaw, ear, and right side like it nymph node in the throat area. Truly weird and disturbing. Going through menopause, this is so scary. Thank goodness for this website. I feel somewhat better when I read the other ladies problems. I just at this point deal with it, in hopes it will soon go away as quick as it came.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.