Feeling Extremely depressed and detached from my self and reality

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm feeling so depressed and detached from myself and reality the torment of it all is really to much to take i can't get the non stop constant thoughts of dying out of my head I know I will have to die some day but I don't know why I can't accept or deal with this concept of life the only thing I can tink of is that I'm mentally very sick I am attending my local mental health clinic but the help that is available where I live is just not much good so I'm really starting to fear I am beyond help I don't see away out of this he'll for me at all I really don't know what I am going to do with my self please I really need someone to talk to 😢😢😢

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi You sound exactly the same as me ..my situation also the same with the none existent help. I saw my pdr last week he gave me 3minutes of his time put me on another drug. My thoughts have gone from suicide to constant thoughts about dying the fear is ripping me apart.. I don't understand anything in my head anymore there's nowhere to turn .just try so hard to keep busy (in my house) or move on to another thought straight away to get rid of the death thought that does help pretty well .. just don't let the thought of death go on..needs blocking. do you have bipolar?

• Posted

Hi sharon tyvm for yr reply I'm sorry to hear you are having such hard time aswell i don't think I have bipolar I was originally diagnosed with ptsd but I fear there is more to it that that.

• Posted

You know what sharon ?  Your drug may be part of your problem  .  and your doctor too because he is just pushing a drug to you and taking the easy way out so he won't have to deal with it.  Doc's seem to do that alot these days.  

• Posted

No problem im glad to talk 😊Yes I think your most likely right .. I think you should ask for a review as you feel your condition has gone worse. Do you take medication ? Could need changing also. New medication has brought me out of the deep depression where I'm close to normal as can be .. but the overwhelming death thoughts .. can u see a phycologist? I'm waiting to hear .. won't hold me breath though that's for sure . My gp thinks I need more than meds ..he's a good man .. bt cnt do anything without the pdr say so..

• Posted

Hi Jim my gp is great it's the phyciatrist that is pill pushing the pills he gives me since jan have given me the worst side effects. This is my 4th drug .. he won't listen to a word I say .. I took my little boy with me hoping that he would spare a thought before prescribing the next poison but he didn't .. every drug he gives makes you huge ..the effects it has on my brain is unbelievable there's no control on my actions .. I havnt eaten since Thursday I'm to scared to. Iv just drank slimming shakes.. he doesn't care ..

• Posted

I know what you mean, pschiatrists are bad about "pushing drugs" on us. Why don't you dump the Pscy. doctor and just go to a psychologist  instead for talk therapy ?  If you have been on more than 1 drug, it's going to take a slow tapering off since withdrawal effects can be terrible.  May I ask what meds  he had  you on ??

• Posted

You really don't have to take pills the pschc. Doctors is telling you.......It is your choice ......not his order......  we do have a say in our treatment !

• Posted

I did go back to my local mental health clinic about 3months back and they changed my Meds put me on mirap 30 mg they are ment to help you sleep but I don't have a problem sleeping i actually look forward to it as it's the only time I get a bit of pace from my torment I just feel I'm beyond help I can't see my self finding a way out of this mental torture 😦

• Posted

Bloody long wait to see any1 but iv been put forward by my gp. Since iv been diagnosed with bipolar which took years 👊

iv been on quetiapine & sirtraline to start with this was nearly 4 yrs ago. The quetiapine made me really depressed with the weight gain that doesn't shift crave for biscuits alday.. so it was changed to lithium which I'm glad about this change made by a trainee pdr. The lithium has done wonders ..but the sirtraline stopped working .. so since December iv been on mirtazapine venlafaxine side effects were so bad then I find out these meds are the same group & shouldn't be taken with lithium. I wanted to die but still they wouldn't listen.then I was on olanzapine 3weeks I lasted same side effects started to appear. So get an emergency appointment gives me a few minutes of his time & has prescribed me risperidAl it's got such a bad reputation. .he makes me feel like a bigger loser than I already feel. .

• Posted

They don't listen I dnt no why they are still doing this job. I think my gp gave me better help in the past. I think phone your gp that's what I do .. better listener .. you need to tell how your feeling. It won't go away on its own.

• Posted

Yes I have to I'm really not well .. he just doesn't care or listen ..its like he's on auto

• Posted

I know what you are saying sharon is right but I'm scared that I haven't got what it takes to get the better of this hell I'm in it has a hold me in such away that I can barely function during the day it's only at night that feel a little bit of pace.

• Posted

Sorry but I have to keep saying this to the both of you in this thread --- Your drugs are most likely your biggest problem.  They seem to have gotten out of control.....I mean the drug taking and the docs that prescribe them. After being on drugs long term ( including myself ) we can get to a point that we are not even conscious of them affecting us in this terrible way.....we think it is something else... i.e. depression, anxiety, pscychosis....etc...etc....etc......BUT in fact the coctail of drugs can be even causing many of those things.  Think about that !  Look I have some experience in this........I have been thru the mill !  I had taken Paxil for 15 years and finally got off of it 5 years ago ! I was getting horrible adverse effects....anxiety, depression (yeah, it is supposed to help depression ? ), anger, aggitation, homiciadal thoughts, rage, impulsivenss...well the list goes on.  Then after that my neurologist prescribed me Gabapentin, Klonopin for RLS...(which I now dont even think I had -- you know , Doctors opinion  ! )  And I was also taking ambien to help sleep.....so again the drug  round began again 4 years ago on all these last 3 drugs.......so then.....the adverse effects go so bad that I just had to finally take my own actions and decide to taper off of all of them and try to become drug free.  Well....I am doing it.  I got off the ambien almost 3 months ago.  I have down-dosed myself on the gabapentin from 1200 mg per day to just 100 mg now, the klonopin from .5 mg to 1 mg...now down to just .25 mg at nite for sleep.......so I am doing it and hope to be completely drug free in another month or two .   Now I feel just so much better,  some withdrawal at times but overall just great !  I hope others can come down off  their given drugs too.  I have hope now.  Regards,  JB
    • Posted

Really I no exactly what your saying. Iv been there so many times this past year ..its not living just driving yourself insane. I no how hard it is to help yourself ..its impossible ..but your gonna have to really push yourself to get help your most definitely on the wrong med .. mirtazapine made me lose the plot so bad venlafaxine was a close 2nd..my skin is terrible with scars .. I promise you with the right meds you will get better ..
    • Posted

Weldone it's real good to see you so positive & doing it .. I wish I could Iv tried .. I was on trazadone for 15 yrs before the last 4 yrs .. I came off that by myself & really believed I saw the last of being on drugs. But with bipolar not a chance ..I understand what your saying though drugs make you worse. I always have thought as iv got older my mental health has got so much worse .. most likely down to the many pills iv tried. Good luck jb 😊

• Posted

So you don't even believe you have a chance to get off those drugs because you have bipolar ?  You know sometimes I think the stigma of being "diagnosed " with a disorder in itself has us convinced or brainwashed that we are stuck !  If you could only find a doctor willing to work with you thru maybe pscho-therapy or other alternatives you could make progress ? And not just push drug on you (thats the easy way for Docs -- and it seems a cop-out ). Of course it will not be easy because the medical establishment seems is also somewhat "brainwashed" to think and deal with situations in this way. Need to think outside of the box, so to speak.....good luck on your journey.....JB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.