Feelings of doom and dread anyone ?

Posted , 17 users are following.

Does anyone else get these feelings of doom and dreading that you will never feel like your old , happy , healthy self again ? I don't even know if I am in peri , but at nearly 49 I think I must be . I hate this though as every time I think I am feeling happier and healthier it seems to all come back again .

3 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes this is forever me I'm

49 just been diagnosed with deep endometriosis in ovary ligaments part of bowel think going through peri as periods started going weird last October heavier and longer Dr put me on notethesterone to regulate them but

Always feeling doom and gloom feeling down hope

You feel better soon too Michelle xx

• Posted

Hi Jane, I feel exactly like that. I've been crying and shaking all day. Down in the dumps is an understatement. I do worry that I won't get my confidence back. I've just started on HRT and I'm praying that this will be the way forward. I'm stressing my family out because of my lack of conversation and sadness 😫
    • Posted

I feel the same Deborah, its a struggle to talk or feel interested, so not me as a mum, makes my heart ache x
  • Posted

It's definitely me. I have been in the very depths of despair. Even ended up at hospital one night because of the extreme anxiety I was feeling.

i think HRT is just beginning to help. Menopause or peri is horrible and it's one thing reading about it and totally another being in it. Keep going xxx

• Posted

Hello Jane,

You're not alone feeling like that.  I seem to be going from one ailment to another and sit and think sometimes, when did I last feel well?  I'm sure my other half is fed up of wondering what will be wrong with me this week, next week etc.  

I am still recovering from Lyme disease as well as the confusion of all this menopause stuff.  Some say it's "my age" others swear it's Lyme infection and the co-infections that go with it.

I'm wondering whether to go and ask for HRT and see if that will perk me up a little.

It's good we can all "talk" on here and it's very comforting to know someone is saying just what I get saying to myself in my head at 2am!

Take care x

• Posted

I am in peri and feel like this all the time.
  • Posted

Its absolutely horrible, do you feel it in your stomach and like a sinking feeling.....
    • Posted

Hi tropical yes I do plus everything goes there if get frighten it goes there feel empty sometimes when I eat like did not had enough this full of gas too
  • Posted

Its absolutely horrible, do you feel it in Your stomach and like a sinking feeling.....
  • Posted

I have this and it is horrible and scary. Feeling at times like I will never better. I have it so bad at times that it keeps me thinking that something horrible is going to happen to me. It seems like right at that time I hear and see everything horrible adding more to my doom. You are certainly not alone in this.
  • Posted

Yes Jane, and it's so upsetting. I wish I could make it go away. I try to remain positive, but some days all I can do is cry. x
  • Posted

Yes I get this too and its horrible. I'd be interested to see if HRT has helped many people.
  • Posted

I am just coming to the end of a heavy period and since yesterday , my 4th day on , I woke up feeling sick still like it this morning . I am constipated for the first couple of days of my period then I can't stop going ( sorry if too much info ) . I was like this at the same time last month . Does anybody else get this . This then sets off my anxiety . I have only been like this recently , so is this do with peri ? I am nearly 49 . Then for a good few days after I finish my period I still seem to get pains and discharge , is this normal ? Thank you
    • Posted

My situation is similar, except that I have Crohn's disease... for the last couple of years as I've started experiencing peri, I have trouble with diarrhea at some point with every period, usually when it is starting but sometimes later, too.  It sets off my anxiety, as you said.  The peri really messes things up.  I hope you feel better very soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.