Females Anal Skin Tag Recovery

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi girls,

Just want to create this post so that people can share their recovery journey.

I have had anal skin tags removed and have developed scar tissue from it, and was wondering if anyone feels the same way about being scared to be intimate with someone in the future because of how it looks.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Edited

How bad is yours? I have not had mine removed and have no problems with guys seeing it they don't care.

• Posted

I would say mine is like that but is more like a pouch. Nobody has ever mentioned it to me before. If they can see it that's on them and the position they wanted.

• Posted

What do you mean by a pouch? Without a doubt, that is on them and it is important to be comfortable in our own bodies. But I am still concerned since I am in my early 20s and there is no way that I can fix the appearance of it, although I am just glad I am healthy.

• Posted

I have not had mine removed so I still have the skin tag. I think you should not worry about it if a guy has a problem with it he's probably not the right one anyway.

• Posted

Hey thanks. Here is a picture of it. I just want some opinion from other people to see if it looks bad or not (as ridiculous as it may sound). I'm trying to use tea tree oil to shrink it? If that will even help.

• Posted

Your picture is waiting to be moderated but for now I might suggest using vitamin E oil too help soften the tissue.

• Posted

Thank you for your comment. How might you softening the tissue will help?

• Posted

I'm only guessing that it will help with the tea tree oil so it can reduce the size. In the second picture it looks fairly big are you able to get a clearer picture?

• Posted

Today I went and got some silicone scarsheets that have vitamin e! Perhaps it might work for your tag?

• Edited

Hi! I had my first three tags removed in February. After the healing was complete and I had my follow up appointment in June, the doctor stated that the tags were still present and she wanted to try a different method to remove them. I had that procedure done today. If I were to have scar tissue, I would prefer that over the tags. Ive been intimate when I had the tags and no one noticed! I doubt they would notice or care about scar tissue. Is your wounds completely healed or could you try to put an ointment on the area to help with scar tissue? I have read on this site that Hirudoid cream works to help with scar tissue. I live in USA so i bought it on ebay.

• Posted

Hi! What was the initial method that the doctor did? and what was the procedure that you had done today? I'm completed healed.

• Edited

To be frank, I've been intimate when I had a tag too but I got the procedure done because I had problems with cleaning. How did you heal so quickly? It took me quite a while. I'm gonna try to use tea tree oil to shrink the skin but I dont know if that will be much use.

• Posted

Initially, the doctor did the laser treatment and cut off the excess skin. She didn't go close enough to my body and I think that when the swelling shrunk, it left two skin tags still. Today, she numbed the area and burned the excess skin off. It honestly feels exactly like the last procedure! I wish she would have just cut the tags off with a scissor and stitch me up! The first procedure didn't heal for 4 months. During my follow up appointment in June, she offered to try again with a different method. She said this time the healing wont take as long. Based on your pictures, i wouldnt notice you had skin tags! You dont have loose excess skin. I also dont think any guy will be looking that close to your butthole unless youre doing anal play.

• Posted

Keep me posted on how it goes. How does a laser actually work? I got mine cut off with a scalpel.

• Posted

However, there were no stiches. Somehow they don't recommend it because its gonna break open anyway. While they aren't tags I still feel like the scar tissue is obvious. Thank you for the support girl!

• Posted

Yes, some surgeons use stitches while others don't because they might get infected when you have a BM. During my first removal, I was in sooooo much pain for 3 weeks! It hurt to bend down, go to the bathroom, etc! I am on day two since my second procedure and it has been pain free! I took a look in the mirror and it seems like both tags are still there but I am assuming it is just swelling! I really don't want to do this for a third time. I think i will use the cream i bought on ebay to help with scarring!

• Posted

could you post the picture again? I'm really trying to decide if I go through the surgery or not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.