fluoxetine advice

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone,

i have been on fluoxetine now for about 3 months and on the whole i feel great 100% better than the first 4 weeks now that the side effects have gone! 

but just occassionally i have the odd day where i feel disconnected and a bit spaced out and i was wondering if anyone else felt the same...

thank you for listening this site has been my lifeline

Sharon xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sharon yes i feel the same been on these tabs now for 6 weeks and just this week feel not in control and a bit dizzy/ditzy (more so than normal ha ha). Do you take your tablet at night or in the day? I hav ebeen taking mine at night now as when i took them in the day i was falling asleep in the afternoon.

Not sure if i should mention this to my doctor at my next appointment what do you think? Are you on 20mg ?

Thanks

T

• Posted

Hi Tanya 

Thank you for your reply, i am on 20mg and also take mine at night, thought id turned a corner as felt like my old self again the last few weeks but today feel like a zombie!!! i would mention it to your doctor tanya i was still having major side effects after 6 weeks but my G.P said it was early days! keep in touch and hang in there love sharon xx

• Posted

it's been a few months for me now on 40mg every morning.  side effects are gone.  but i wake up jittery sometimes.  not bad.   i'm not sure it's really having as much of an effect as i expected.  i still suffer from anxiety and take clonazepam whenever i need to.  1/2 mg works, and i may take one every 12 hours or so.  my doctor told me to take the clonazepam regularly, rather than wait for the anxiety to set in, but i'm stubborn.  i'm also afraid of having it become less effective if i take it more often. 

but bottom line is i don't feel very different on the fluroxetine than i did off it.  strange.

• Posted

HI Dash 

thank you for your reply, i must admit i feel so much better but not sure if that is the pills or change of lifestyle at times!! side effects have nearly gone just feel a bit spaced out today and really thought i had turned a corner.. see what tomorrow brings!  i hope your anxiety gets better please keep in touch and let me know how your doing this site has been such a support for me through all of this just knowing there are people in the same boat really helps. love sharon xx

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

I've been on fluoxetine for about 3 months as well. Just 10 mg a day but every once in awhile I do get the same feeling as you - being disconnected or spacey. I think it's probably normal.

Yesterday was one of those days when I just wasn't myself. Days like that I skip my next dose and feel much better the next day.

• Posted

Hi Sonja thank you for your comments and advice  i must admit its good to know that im not alone in feeling like this after all this time !! i guess its a case of hanging in there and sticking with it.... i feel better today but yesterday i felt spaced out i hardly did anything in work!! i must say though on the whole i feel so much better life is good again and im back to my happy-go-lucky self so thats a positive keep in touch and let me know how your going, good luck love sharon xx
  • Posted

Hi there sharon22416, I have only been on fluoxetine for 4 weeks and the last week i felt crappy like dizzy spells mainly when i drive, nausea, loss of appitite. I wasnt to sure what was causeing this so looked up side affects and all this + 100 more side affects came up. today iv been trying to detox- just drinking water with lemon and eating fruit. its horriable to think something thats supposed to help can make things so much worse. apart from all this iv felt really good. hope all are ok now, keep in touch. Bec xx
    • Posted

Hi Bec

hope your feeling better, yes on the whole i am feeling better but the odd day i feel spaced out - in a world of my own, my friend has just started them and ive just said to her that she is very disconnected she said she feels no motivation i said thats where i was 3 months ago! its great to have this site so that we can all share our experiences i am trying to eat healthy too so fingers crossed for all of us, thank you for getting in touch sharon xxx

• Posted

Yes, I think most women could relate.  If it is time for my monthly cycle, I tend to feel that way one or two days during the month.
    • Posted

Hi Heather, im glad you feel the same as me at the monthly cycle! im at the docs tomorrow so going to see what he says as totally lost the plot on saturday couldnt do anything right ! but today feel much better. Il let you know what he says Ie. if the problems are to do with the monthly cycle, i also take thyroxine so not sure if that having an affect too shaking sometimes.

Lol Tx

• Posted

Hi Heather 

thank you for your reply- any advice is greatly appreciated !!  keep in touch, sharon xx

• Posted

You're welcome, Sharon!  It really does help to be able to relate to others who feel the same.  :O)
    • Posted

Yes heather this site has been my life line just to know there are others going through the same is a great help ! i was on here nearly every day when i first started taking them as the side effects were so bad so if i can give advice to anyone i will if i can, speak soon and thank you sharon xx
  • Posted

Hi all.  I have been on this medication for a couple of months and although I am not depressed now, I have all the side effects, and I don't know which is worse!!  I am totally spaced, feel disassociated, ditzy, forgetful and nauseous.  I also have a constant feeling of "impending doom".  Anyone else get this?  It's horrible.  I take a lot of medication as well, for diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol, so I don't know if it could be the wrong mix of pills.  I feel I would like a second opinion really.  Does anyone have any advice?
    • Posted

Nannoo, I think you should see your Dr. about trying something different.  If you have been on this for 2 months and have not seen improvement of the other symptoms, it might not be working for you. Do not give up! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    • Posted

Hi Nanoo, sorry to hear your suffering all the side effects - i had them too for the first 8 weeks there are awful! i was totally spaced out and disconnected although my friends  noticed it more than me, apparently they were talking to me but i was in a world of my own !! i got quite worried about driving at one point!! i did go to the Dr's and he said it was early days - he was right i am pleased to say although i do still get the odd day where i feel like a zombie! if your worried go and see your dr it may be the tablets are not for you or it may be that they are taking longer to kick in and for the side effects to go, good luck, stay in touch this site is great and has been my lifeline, thank fully i seem to be coming out the other end and feeling like myself again - i hope it works for you too love sharon xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.