Haemorrhoids Tingling?

Posted , 20 users are following.

I was diagnosed with internal haemorrhoids last year following a sigmoidoscopy which was only done to put my mind at rest as I was convinced there was something wrong despite having no bleeding or change of bowel habit.

Two days ago I had the sensation of keep needing to empty my bowels but hardly managed to do anything, I thought it was constipation and increased my water and fruit intake.  Yesterday I felt slightly better but had a strange intermittent tingling/crawling sensation in my rectum. I have opened my bowels three times this morning without any difficulty but the strange intermittent tingling/crawling sensation is still there and I do keep feeling I haven't emptied my bowel completely.

There is no mucus, bleeding or itching.

I wonder if my internal piles are causing the intermittent tingling/crawling sensation in my rectum and if I should try a haemorrhoid cream?

I do suffer from health anxiety so any advice would really be appreciated.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Certainly start out with creams. I have used suppositories that I found online from China and I think they work the best. It can take a while to find the right product that works for you. I had banding, which it for internal hemorrhoids.

• Posted

I have got some cream but it doesn't seem to be helping. I am terrified that there is something terribly wrong and that it is not just piles playing up.   There is no pain, mucus or blood but just the intermittent tingling/crawling/wind like sensation inside my rectum and left buttock.

Really stressing me out.

• Posted

Lynn, I experienced that same sensation when I was suffering with internal hemorrhoids. It's weird, isn't it.

My best advice is to make an appointment with a colorectal doctor to be checked out. It is not a fun examination, but if you do have internal hemorrhoids they can take care of them for you.

I've had bandings in the past and I just had another yesterday. 

Hook yourself up with a good doctor and get yourself some peace of mind.

I hope you feel better soon.

🙂

Susana 

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

I have the same exact feeling for 2 maybe 3 weeks. At first I thought it was hemorrhoids but then I've experienced radiating pain in my vagina and bladder. After seeing a gynecologyst he found nothing and suggested to see a proctologyst (I am having an appointment soon) and a neurosurgeon, as spinal deficiencies may also cause these kind of sensations.

I was wondering - if you are still on this site - what had happened and did you get a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Kind regards, Angela

• Posted

hi Angela thank you for your post.. i just went to primary doctor she think it's definitely hemorrhoids but i do feel a little sore and itch in my vagina as well.. and feel that crawling sensation and itch in my rectum, no pain. please let me know what do the doctor says. Thank you. Hope you feel better

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I also get strange sensations when the Hems flare. When you say crawling does it feel like a worm crawling up (moving around)? I also get a buzzing, almost like a phone vibrating on occasions. I have both internal and external hems but had the internal for a few years before the external appeared. The burning is the most prominent symptom for me.

Thanks

Emma

• Posted

I have this same exact thing. My story is long but I have had roids all my life this is the most problems I've had with them. I have the worms crawly feeling, burning, itching, pressure. No bleeding. I have an appt in a couple weeks with another Dr. I'm considering the CRH O'Regan procedure. It is really annoying and affecting my life

• Posted

I have the exact same symptom and it is driving me crazy, my health anxiety was going through the roof! It feels like something is crawling around in my butt. 😦 I finally had an anoscopy and the Dr found some small internal hemorrhoids. I've tried to up my fiber and water intake, but no change yet. It's been a few months. I really hope i get some relief without having to have a procedure!

• Posted

pinworms? my kids have had them. i think thats what im feeling too 😕 they can migrate. they dint show up in stool samples.

• Posted

please look at my posts, need help and advice with my hemerroids

• Posted

i have this currently like i have something tickling my anus . did you find a cure or did if go away i have external and internal hems

• Posted

hi maria,

can you please give an update. Ive been having this like 2 months and its so annoying can you help me

• Edited

Did anyone on this thread find out how to stop it and if the sensation was internal hemorrhoids? I have the same sensation and have already taken medication for pinworms in case it was that! Still the sensation in there 😦

• Posted

did it ever go away?! i have this issue right now. i also took a dose of pinworm medicine just in case. it doesnt go away though! i need answers

• Posted

try some suppositories

you can get the on amazon

the Anusol ones are the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.