Hot Flush or What???

Posted , 7 users are following.

One of the many symptoms I hear the ladies talk about is hot flushes. I have been experiencing times where I just get hot all over all of a sudden. But I don't break out into sweat.

Has anyone else expierenced this?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes that's the start of hot flushes sometimes it's just a warm feeling.
    • Posted

Thank you Liz,

I was wondering what the heck it was. A few nights I woke up with my feet on fire. I cracked my window and let my feet hang out from under the covers. These sensations are something else.

• Posted

Hi Jamie don't get really hot flushes my legs just feel if there on fire I have started to take sage tablets I was told they was good for very hot flushes and hot sweats hope you feel better soon

Take care

Paula

• Posted

Thanks,

I will look into the sage tablets. It's just such a weird sensation. I thought I was crazy.

• Posted

Hi Jamie I don't have hot flushes just get very hot legs I have been taking sage tablets legs are not as bad I have been told they are good for hot flushes and hot sweats

Take care

Paula

• Posted

Hi Jamie,  My answer is YES!  I get the same thing.  Some doctors refer it as two different symptoms but the same.  Hot flashes/flushes and night sweats.  Both are ugh in my opinion.  smile

• Posted

It certainly is uuugghh!! I was standing in the dining room talking and all of sudden I got hot all over, it was so weird. It has happened quite a few times. I thought something was wrong with me. My body really goes through it when it time for my menses. These days leading up to it are horrible.
    • Posted

Happy for Elaine, it's been 8 years!!  I still get them and can't wait to see them go!!
    • Posted

hated the night sweats when i had them, and i was glad to see them go, they interupt your sleep, and that will make the fatigue worse.
    • Posted

i finished my periods in my eight year, so fingers crossed for you Jo you could be coming to the end.
    • Posted

Oh Elaine! I will sing from the highest mountains if that happens!! I loved every part of being a woman from puberty, periods, birthing, et al. Thought I would embrace menopause but we've been in an ugly battle ever since. Just can't make peace with her. I sometimes can't do the simplest things like walk into a Bakery without feeling like a drunk soldier who's going to fall on my face. And it makes my anxiety go thru the roof. Wearing armor everyday is toooooo heavy.
    • Posted

let us know Jo when stop and how you feel after a year of stopping, its  gotta come after 8 years............will lilsten out for you singing then, i know what it should be...............Julie Andrews.............climb every mountain.................ha
  • Posted

Hi

Yes i just go very hot all over, dont always sweat with it, but use to get night sweats, for the first two years of peri, they are very strange, it starts up in the body, it builds and builds, and the only place this heat can go, is out, and when it comes out, you literally drip water, down your chest, your head, arms the lot, and it can happen to the point where you have to change your nightwear, and sheets in some cases, as they can be  quite wet, that only happened to me twice, havent had a night sweat in 8 years, but still have hot feelings generally. 

• Posted

I have had night sweats for the past three years especially during the time of my menses. I also get a body odor that I only had when I was pregnant. I've started to notice it when my menses is on. This peri stuff is hard.
    • Posted

I sometimes I feel like I'm pregnant all over again!  I guess this time around we are giving birth to ourselves.  
    • Posted

Hi jamie

It is hard stuff your very right..........once your post, your main symptoms should go very mild, but you will be left with hot flushes, that carries on for a further five years, but some unlucky people still carry on with everything for longer, and if that was me, and whilst im not allowed it, with their being cancer in the immediate family, i would certainly seriously consider getting HRT from somewhere, you cant stay in  peri symptoms for life, that would be so unfair to people, and for drs to expect women to carry on like that as well, totally wrong. 

• Posted

It just makes me mad that docs find it so hard to diagnose. When I was telling my GP how I was feeling, including having a anxiety attack there in his office, he asked was i still having a menses and that I needed to relax. I left there feeling like I wasted my time going.

He kept saying you're so young and I was thinking so what! I will be in search of a new GP. He just really made me mad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.