Neck, shoulders and tension head ache pains.

Posted , 16 users are following.

Is it associated with perimenopause, I'm getting neck pains, tension headaches, shoulder pains. Have booked an appointment to see my di tro tomorrow. I am not sleeping much lately. Some days I crash out as soon as I go to bed, some days I toss and turn, no sleep.ive had so many peri symptoms, congested chest with flu like symptoms, reflux,  dry mouth but tested negative for diabetes, heart palpitations, panick attacks in my sleep.blurry visions, brain fog, now it's this new symptoms, migraine and tension like headache accompanied by dull ache shoulder and neck pain. Scalp pains, 

is anyone having this problem or should I go for an X-ray...

not sure what to do, I spend a fortune on doctors visits.

any replies would be much appreciated to know I'm not suffering alone...

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have all of them my neck, head pain began a year ago I have had MRI of shoulder , head , and the scalp pain I just got inflamation and the gave me antibiotics. I'm not sleeping good either because of joint pain on knees, hips, back. My headaches and neck pain was so bad that my doctor sent me to a neuromassage therapist she pull my hair from the scalp up at first I though she was mad or something but let me tell you I did that in January 5 2017 and I have no have a bad headache my scalp was so tight it wouldn't move from the scalp. My left shoulder pain was so bad the pain radiate to the breast. Is better now. This forum help me a lot. I though I was going crazy.

• Posted

I know this is an old post, but after a few weeks of excruciating neck, pain, headaches, scalp soreness I’ve noticed that this is the second time this happens during what supposed to be in my period which I’ve been skipping lately. So I decided to check and see if it could be related to perimenopause.. I’m so glad I found this post because I’ve been going through the exact same thing , the scalp sensitivity and pain neck, soreness and tightness headaches every single day for weeks. this is horrible

• Posted

Hi we to have all the systems you have and more. It's all part of the menapause, I had full blood work done 4 weeks ago and all ok x

• Posted

Hi Kadija, I had all these symptoms the neck pains, tension headaches, shoulder pains @ the time i thought what ever is wrong with me? terrible use to get me down! Now i realize it was peri/meno, the migrain, scalp pains awful. I remember it all so well,. I am menopausal now the anxiety hot sweats & lack of confidence the hit me. So after putting up with those horrid symptoms for around 8 years the Dr gave me HRT. I have been taking HRT for 6/7 years now, i do have regular cecks with my GP & gyneacologist as this is a must, 

• Posted

It seems like every month I get a different set of symptoms with my body,  nausea, gastritis, reflux, bloating, gas, ankle pains, breast pains, high blood pressure, and loads more , since last week it's the neck, shoulders and head pain, it radiates to my upper arm too...apart from this I'm fine, some days I sleep like a log, since this week I'm not getting much sleep. It's giving me anxiety, makes the knots in my neck stiffer. My doctor don't do much apart from giving me painkillers

• Posted

Kadija, how are you doing with your gastritis? This is the most irritating one to me. I'm bloated all the time from gastritis and peri, a double case. It's hard sleeping because my stomach feels so big and heavy and put much pressure on my back

Makes it hurt. The last time I had this problem this bad, during my colonoscopy my dr. Discovered that my colon had twisted. I'm wondering if this is the case again. I wake up with no appetite and naseau. I've lost weight also.

Do you take medication for the gastritis?

• Posted

Most of these symptoms i never knew was due to Menopause, reading these posts i now know what caused it, My blood pressure was very high when in my forties i was put o blood pressure tabs which was the cause of some of my headaches, i had shingles in my head & Trigenimal neuralga so so painful. Like you always something ! Us ladies have such a lot to cope with, thing is as we get thru one stage another appears. Its no good painkillers its something to relax you he should offer you all i did was take painkillers, looking back it didn't help. Do you see a lady gp? 

• Posted

Dear Mary

i was taking omeprazole for the gastric reflux and pains. It has help me a lot. I have not had gastric pains for some months now. I am having problems with high blood pressure and doctors have put me on losartan tablets.  Mary it's just one thing after another.  I know how you feel cause I had very bad bloating too. If you are losing weight it's worth going to see a doctor as it could also be thyroid problems as I have a friend who have this problem.

• Posted

Hi Mars

today I forgot to take my blood pressure tabs and upon checking my BP now it's gone a bit high,137/87. 

I have however taken one now and will check later if it has lowered. I can feel when my BP has gone up, it gives me headache and neck pains.

oh well. Just have to keep going as it's one thing after another.

• Posted

I have done several bloodwork, just went over one with my BHRT dr. And my regular GYN did one on last week. Both said my thyroid is very good. As a matter of fact , everything was good except hormones. It is from the gastritis (inflammation of the stomach) my diet is very restricted and sometimes loss of appetite occurs especially during this bloating time. I try not to take the PPI gor it because it makes me very fatigue the next day. I've been using natural alternatives, which takes longer to feel better.

• Posted

Hello Kadija..i did get the tension headache, shoulder, and stiffness in neck. I started seeing a chiropractor and it has helped me a lot with this. Just went through the blurry vision one, I went to eye dr. yesterday and he prescribed glasses.

Most of these symptons yes I have experienced.

No you are definitely not alone in this.

• Posted

Hello Mary

yes it could be problems with my vision as well as I read a lot. I will have my eyes checked out this week.

im happy I joined this forum as it's good to know we are not alone..

• Posted

Yes!  I have had the neck shoulder and head pain as well.  The first time it came for about 3 months.  I had to stop doing a lot of the things I enjoyed becasue of it, and never did find anything to alleviate it.  I still get it off and on but usually only for a week or so at a time now.  I definitely think it is a per symptom
  • Posted

Hi there I am going through a very simulair thing I did go through an emotional week a few weeks ago just kept crying but glad tjat past it was horrible. I am experieincing nexk pain and shoulder pain but more like its a nerve atm the doctor thinks its carpool tunnel and have had an x ray on my shoulders still waiting fof the results and do have the nerve clinic to see if it is a trap nerve that is tomorrow, I did not think it was related to the pre menopause but now U read your post I am left wondering if it is, I did see a GP today about HRT and alternatives he discussion was interesting and the GP is wanting blood test and re check my blood presure. They seem on the ball this is a new surgery for me in the oastbthe previous surgeries and doctors seem not to do nothing, try and have a discussion with a female GP explain how you are feeling and see if you get aby help. I havf started taking Vitimin B12 and trying black cohash not sure hownlong they will take to work if they ever do as its only been 2 weeks since taking them but thought I nay try it and also I bought Rescue remiedy drops for the anxciety ( racing heart ) they do help. Hope you get some answers tomorrow after you seen your GP
    • Posted

My doctor is a man, he is not very supportive, mostly blames my symptoms on stress and his recommendation is to try and remove the stress and I will be fine... Last night I had very little sleep from this pain, I work during daytime and can't really have naps. 

I'm praying I will get some sleep tonite as I'm now aware that it is another of this menopausal symptoms I'm having, it does help to know we are not suffering alone, cause sometimes you wonder if this is normal to get all kinds of pains and not have any answers..

I'm hoping this phase will end soon for all of us wonderful ladies.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.