One month on orlistat

Posted , 27 users are following.

I've been on orlistat now for a month and I've lost just over 3 stone in weight. I'm following a low fat eeating plan, never felt hungry. Never eaten so much fruit and veg and drank so much water but it's all worth it.

4 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow that is an awesome amount of weight to loose in one month - I a managed 11 pounds in the first month!

• Posted

Hi, this time last month I weighed 32st4lb and now I'm just over 29st. Still a long way to go but I'm gonna get there.
  • Posted

Adam, do you take ORLISTAT after every meal of just if you have eaten a fatty meal? 

i have not been successful. My first 6weeks I lost 2 lbs.

• Posted

Hi jane lily

i take it with every meal, but I have also drastically changed what I eat. I've totally cut out crisps, chocolate, pastry, cheese and take aways. As it was Easter I treated myself to a Creme Egg but I can bring myself to eat it!

Adam 

• Posted

Hi Adam,

Once you reach your goal weight, will you continue the same meal plan?

I too have cut out, wheat, biscuits, chips, pizza, cheese (Oh so hard!) and coffee. Idrink tons of water, and more fruit.

iget so disheartened.

jane

• Posted

Hi Jane, 

I haven't thought that far ahead... I'd like to think that when I get there I could relax a bit. I couldn't cut out coffee, I've managed cheese and that's a big issue.

What do you get disheartened about? If you ever need to chat I'm here.

• Posted

Thank Adam you are a real inspiration. I just get very down when I loose 2lbs and the next day put it back on. (2 lbs is an achievement! ) 

Jane

• Posted

Hi Jane

Don't weigh yourself every day, stick to once a week and try to do it the same time of the day. Weighing yourself every day is overkill and due to your fluctuations in weight you end up giving yourself a hard time.

I have an app on my phone where I record everything I eat/drink and it is surprising when I think what I used to eat. I never thought I could be bothered to record everything but it is a real motivation.

• Posted

Hi jane, 

Sorry if someone has already said this to you, and I've only been on Orlistat 5 days and lost 2LB so I'm wondering, you should think about getting checked for an underactive Thyroid (think that's how you spel it lol) because that will drastically stop your weight loss progression, you just need a blood test and if it is underactive the doctor will give you further medication to kick start your metabolism along side Orlistat, and the weight will drop off ^^

• Posted

Hi Rumer,  I did have my thyroid checked and all was fine. I'm off to see my doctor next week. Hold thumbs, maybe she will have miracle solution lol

I envy those who loose weight the first time. It has been an uphill battle for me. Maybe one day I'll be able to write positive results.

• Posted

Hi Adam  how brilliant you are,last week I went to docs and said I had to lose weight didn't. Care how I did it but offered no advice or anything,is what you take prescribed by a dr? I'm so down about it all,have you any advice. Thanks Ann

• Posted

Hi angie1935

I take orlistat 120mg which is prescribed by my GP. You can buy over the counter a half strength version at 60mg and it's called Alli. Do you have much weight to lose? I've now lost over 4st if I was you I'd go back to my GP and ask about orlistat. Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi Adam,

Well done, for losing so much weight. I been on Orlistat for 4 days so far so good, no side effects and drinking 3 litres of water everyday. Am eating a lot of fruits and trying not to eat as much junk.

Have you been doing some exercises as well?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.