One month on orlistat

Posted , 27 users are following.

I've been on orlistat now for a month and I've lost just over 3 stone in weight. I'm following a low fat eeating plan, never felt hungry. Never eaten so much fruit and veg and drank so much water but it's all worth it.

4 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I think your weight loss is amazing! ive just been perscribed orlostat today by my doctor but i am very scared about the side effects when the doctor was explaining them all to me she terrified me!. Do you have any advice about it?
    • Posted

Hi Heather,

I know it's scary starting on this but don't let the side effects worry you. It's true you can't cheat while on them but you can easily watch what you eat. Make sure you follow a low fat eating plan, guidelines recommend about 15g of fat per meal but I try to stick to about 7.

You can bulk out your meals with fruit and veg, drink plenty of water. The tablets don't know the difference between good fat and bad fat so keep that in mind. The tablets don't make you lose weight, they concentrate your mind to think about what you eat knowing what will happen if you don't.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks adam

i joined slimming world today and told the women im on these so i needed a more strict diet do you think its a good road to go down with a better diet? I know this sounds so childishly silly but i carnt swallow tablets never been able to if it does go down i either choke or throw up sad the doctor said that i can take it how i take other tablets which is open it and mix with fat free yoght but it may take longer to work? and she said that i should only take one per meal if i dont have a meal dont take a tablet but most days im luck if i get to eat 2 meals with my work and looking after a 1 year old so i feel like the odds are against me sad

• Posted

Hi heather

Read your post to Adam with interest.  Funnily enough I too have been prescribed Orlistat this week by my doctor, taken first tablet today and also joined my local Slimming world club on Thursday.

Just read the leaflet on possible side effects and like you feel very worried but am going to try and stick with it and see what happens.  I have never been part of a forum before but felt inspired by all the messages I have read .

We definitely come from the same pod I run my own business so most of my meals are eaten from the front seat of my car and came from a fast food establishment so god do I have a battle on my hands.  Eating a bunch of grapes while I write this to you so but dreaming of an iced bun from the bakery across the road from my shop.  So now I am going to read the side effects sheet again to ensure the bun stays a dream!

Hope all goes well for you here's wishing you all the luck in the world.  Using Adam as a shining light lets hope we can also achieve great things.

• Posted

well done Adam cheesygrin ive currently been on them just under a week and have lost 5 pounds hoping to lose at least another 5ish stone
  • Posted

well done adam, i started off on orlistat i have now lost 5 stone, i have stopped taking the orlistat now for a few months and i now stick to healthy eating and have a treat on a saturday night, i still want to lose another 4 stone so heres hoping, well done again keep up the good work
  • Posted

Niever been on a site  anything like this before Adam.  Came across this by accident.  Fantastic start keep on going.  I am sure if you do its going to make an incredible positive change to your life. 

I have just got fatter and fatter over the years and my dream is to not die FAT!  I am going to follow your inspirational story and keep trying as hard as you as I need to loose about 8 stone and this is my first day taking Orlistat

Regards

Heidi. 

• Posted

Hi, I've now lost 4st 3lb in 8 weeks. This has been the first week that I've found my motivation waning. I've not but it would be so easy to phone for a pizza. The only thing stopping me is the thought of the side effects. I just need a kick up the backside.
    • Posted

Hi Honey unplug the phone don't ring for the pizza.   I'm sitting here on day 1 looking out at the bakery opposite craving the cup cake piled with chocolate cream and a bit of flake on the top.

Instead we are going to look down at out lumpy stomachs look in the mirror and tell the brain that this time it is not going to win with the crap messages to eat rubbish and loose this battle.   Go buy this months edition of Slimming world (I think its the may edition )  Check it out there is an amazing guy who has lost over 9 stone I think.  Talk about hunk you cannot believe the change in this man.  This WILL be you keep going.

• Posted

Hi hows the chunky hunk doing still keeping away from the pizza I hope.  Any more weight loss to report.  I lost 2.5 lbs first week not exactly thrilled but trying hard to keep going.

Take care

Heidi (Miss Piggie)

• Posted

Hiya, now in week 10 and I'm 2lb away from losing 5st.

No pizza has passed my lips, I've been really good hoping to have reached the 5st by my next weigh in on Friday...

• Posted

Thats great news well done you.  You should be very proud.  I didn't eat the cream cake either but only lost 2.5lbs first week.  Bit down but trying hard to keep going.  Bought one of these wobble machines for exercise this week.  Haven't got on it yet but imagine it's going to be a great look when all areas start wobbling in different directions still its all in a great cause.

Let me know if you get to your 5 stone weight loss.

Regards

Heidi (Piggie)

• Posted

Lol, I got a vibration plate too a couple of weeks ago, it was a laugh first time I used it, I had bit wobbling that I didn't know I had.
  • Posted

Hi Adam,

I see that your post is over 1 year old. How are you getting on? Did you reach your goals? 

I've been on O for 1 month and have lost 2 stone....my Dr seems very pleased and so am i. I ran out of tabs 1 day before my appointment and this missed day really slowed things down for 3 days. 

I agree with you on the water.....i look at it as a two component process....Orlistat and water as an activator. I've been using hydration tabs every few mornings too....keeping up fluid levels really boosts the speed of Orlistat in my opinion. Good luck for the future and please keep posting,

Cheers smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.