Perimenopause

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, i have been having heart palpatations really bad, that it feels like going to have a heart attack sometimes, i felt so weak, usually happens around, before and after my period, went to my Doctor because im sick of it and worried, going to give me a ECG. But, when i told my sister she said exact same thing happened to her for Perimenopause, they sent her for ECG too, it was normal. My period is irregular too, September i had 2 periods in 1 month, and spotting before period. Anyone had the same thing? Would really like to hear im not going crazy lol, i have anxiety with it too. Im 39 years old. My Mum had it in her 30's. My sister just had a hysterectomy because bleeding every 2 weeks. Also, im getting bad migraines. I never experienced this before. Thank you.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi - do not worry. I've got endometrial hyperplasia., only diagnosed very recently. I like you have had irregular bleeds, had a hysteroscopy & endometrial biopsy.

My options to treat range from course of progestin follow up hysteroscopy, Mirena coil, or hysterectomy. I understand coil is effective to stop bleeds. Discussing with gyne really helps. It could be your peri menopausal .

I hope it works out. Keep asking questions & try not to worry. Anxiety is the most factor with all of us.

Tc x

• Posted

Hi Charlotte

i am going through exactly the same thing, I'm 47 and been peri nearly two years, been in a&e countless times, only last week, I gave also had a heart machine on for a full week, had lots of ecg all normal, the last one I had did show up the palputations and also my blood pressure was high, they said it is the anxiety, which was brought on when I went peri, before then I have never suffered with no anxiety or health problems, I have been told by the doctor that once I have missed a full year of periods the majority of these symptoms will go 😄, the main one I want gone is the health anxiety I am constantly thinking I have major things wrong with me, just had a full health check done at bupa and apart from the palputations and the high blood pressure reading everything else was normal, so I'm going to try and remember this when the anxiety strikes it's ugly head, please don't stress because it is normal to have all these feelings, sending big hugs your way xx

• Posted

Hi Charlottesophie no your not going crazy lol i am the exact same it all sounds pretty much like perimenopause to me,i also was sent for a ecg all came back normal i know it can feel like we're going crazy at times i can totally relate to this what us women have to put up with eh...

but you really arent on your own.

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi Debbie, Thank you for your reply. Yes things we have to go thru and put up with lol. But this is not nice. Was so sick of the heart thing, i put up with it for almost a year. Been scared i have something wrong with my heart. I have 2 children my husband working most of the time, when he does night shift, im alone i think what if i die, and the doors are locked what about my kids, i started crying lol, i decided to see the doctor about it on Thursday. Then i tell my sister, she said said same thing happened to her. All this time i thought its in my head, im going crazy. My sister said why didnt you tell me before. Lol i had no idea.
  • Posted

Thank you everybody. Just been thinking im going crazy for the past year because of the heart palpatations, i get them sitting watching TV, walking to pick up my children from school, start feeling dizzy. Dr going to send me for ECG, but My sister said same happened to her. Thank you all for the reassurance, i will try not to worry about it too much. Is there anything you can take vitamins or anything, just feel so tired all the time. Thank you everybody. Hope you all feel better too, Sorry we have to go through this, but it will get better. Xx
  • Posted

HRT for headaches.  Went away when I went on the

patch. Yes this is all perimenopausal.  

Good Luck

• Posted

Sorry my message didn't turn out right.  I'm on estrogen patch and progesteron pill.  The headaches went away when I started HRT.  Mine were really bad at night when I laid down to go to sleep.  Yes the heart palpitation especially when I start to exert myself.  I'm so fatigued, I used to exercise, did everything.  Now I can only do house work.  I've not given up but I decided that is all I can do right now, I'm reading a lot and watching TV.  The TV thing is totally new.  This is very hard.
    • Posted

The TV too lol, i feel im sitting allot and get tired quickly, not like me lol, im only 39. Keep thinking wake up, whats wrong with me lol.
  • Posted

So with you all on the heart palpitations and anxiety. It sucks big time. Ive also been to emergency room with them been given ecg and all normal. Had a 24 hour heart monitor saw the palpitations but again said all normal. Ive been in perimenopause eight years im now 48. The health anxiety is just so draining sad
    • Posted

Hi Michelle, i have not actually been diagnosed with premenopause yet, Doctor wanted to give ECG first, then go from there. She told me to track my period this month.Maybe it is because My sister had the same thing, and everyone else has same symptoms. I just feel so tired all the time, yes the anxiety is not nice either. You dont feel like yourself? Well i dont, just something not right feeling.
    • Posted

Well believe it or not my doctor told me for five years it wasn't perimenopause. If it wasnt for me doing my own research I wouldn't have known either. Now they want to admit oh yes mayb it is perimenopause. Missed periods then would have ytwo a month then flooding!!!! Mood swings insomnia digestive problems nausea and the list goes on. The palpitations and anxiety are awful. My family now thimk im a hypochondriac. Hope you feel better soon. But as far as I know testing for perimenopause doesnt work as the hormones are too erratic. X
    • Posted

Its not nice. Just ignore your family. It can make us feel like we are going crazy lol. Its a normal thing our bodies have to go thru. I know heart palpatations are horrid. I have to pick my kids up from school i get it, feel dizzy its scary, sometimes dont want to go out. Last night going to bed i got it, i just closed my eyes tried to sleep. Glad we are not alone. Hope you feel better too. Take care of yourself. X
  • Posted

My palpitations stopped i had them last year into the spring and part of the summer they do go away and no you are not having a heart attack it may feel funny but we are not having a heart attack its just the hormones in our bodies that are causing them
    • Posted

Thank you Susan. I'm starting the heart palpations again now. I know my period is on the way. Been alright for a week, now back again. sad.
    • Posted

Funny how they seem to get worse before and during a period. I got a period two weeks early and did notice that the bloating seems to go along with the palpitations sad
    • Posted

Hi susan

You mentioned that the palpitations do go away. Do you mean for good or does it depend on what stage of peri you are at x

• Posted

Since being peri ive noticed that even a little bit of stress sends me in a spin. Dont seem to have the resolve to cope with what I used to x
    • Posted

I know what you mean. Sometimes I'm in a daze and I don't know what I'm doing, like your brain is blocked, I just stand their and forget what I'm doing. Yes, bloating and palps too much. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.