Perimenopause

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, i have been having heart palpatations really bad, that it feels like going to have a heart attack sometimes, i felt so weak, usually happens around, before and after my period, went to my Doctor because im sick of it and worried, going to give me a ECG. But, when i told my sister she said exact same thing happened to her for Perimenopause, they sent her for ECG too, it was normal. My period is irregular too, September i had 2 periods in 1 month, and spotting before period. Anyone had the same thing? Would really like to hear im not going crazy lol, i have anxiety with it too. Im 39 years old. My Mum had it in her 30's. My sister just had a hysterectomy because bleeding every 2 weeks. Also, im getting bad migraines. I never experienced this before. Thank you.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Charlottesophie

I know exactly how you feel, I've been in

Perimenopause for about 2 years after having heavy periods, I had fibroids removed

and Mirena fitted which helped with the

bleeding. 2 years on at 50 I still have

Periods every 3 or 4 weeks and are very

light. I don't have the heart palpitations

buy have the anxiety, depression and the

fatigue plus other symptoms as well

including migraine headaches.

No, you're not going crazy unfortunately this is the time in our lives where everything

changes, it's not easy but remember that

you are not alone

Take care 😊

• Posted

Hi charlotte..i have been going through the same..heart palpitations..anxiety is awful.feel like im going mad sometimes...it gets me down..never used to be like this...always in control of everything..xx your not on your own.xx
  • Posted

Hi ladies, I'm thinking I was going mad when the palpitations started a couple of weeks ago, this was followed by anxiety attacks, itchy skin, heartburn, having to wee a lot, freezing cold, shaking like I was nervous, butterflies in my tummy, these are all driving me crazy, made appt with an older male gp who didn't take blood pressure and prescribed me with diazepam, what I'm don't need relaxing I need sorting out, frogging useless. I'm also being treated for pituitary tumour and under active thyroid, feel like my life is over I want to feel normal again 😓
    • Posted

Hi lisa..youre not going mad..it all makes sense...its hormonal..and all theses symptoms are perimenopausal..please dont worry ..quite surprised he prescribed diazepam though...i too have those symptoms ..butterflies and i dont know why..keep ur chin up..xx
    • Posted

Thanks Charlotte, those symptoms were just a few to name, Forgot to add the others, I'm a bit scared to go back to GP though I know I need sorting out, hopefully be brave to make another appt x
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, 

I was doing some research online about Pituitary tumors and I came upon this forum discussion on Patient website. It was two years ago. I believe that the discussion was about perimenopause and its symptoms.  I was reading your reply and you mentioned that you were being treated or evaluated for a pituitary tumor at that time and I wondered if that was making your condition worse and how you are doing now. Did they treat you for the tumor or was it removed. I am and have had those symptoms for years. I still have some unexplained symptoms and am being treated for Dysautonomia/POTS which I wonder if most of my problem might be a pituitary tumor. I wanted to see what your outcome was. I appreciate any help or advice that you might give. Thank you so much! 

Brenda P

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.