Perimenopause at 38, anxiety, palpitations and tinnitus

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello ladies I am new to this forum, looking for help/advice/suggestions from fellow peri/menopausal women. This hit me out of nowhere about 4 months ago, anxiety, palpitations, hotflashes and the worst symptom ringing in my right ear. I feel so fatigued and nauseated pretty much throughout the day. My ob/gyn has put me on a low dose hormone to balance everything. It has helped with hot flashes and palpitations but my ringing in the right ear has been constant and nausea at its worst. Has anyone experienced ringing in the ear? Have you tried anything that helped? Thanks in advance

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi , sorry u are feeling this way this was me 4 months ago. My symptoms were so severe that I was admitted to the hospital, it started with tinutus the ringing was so loud that it caused me a lot of anxiety and panic attacks, depression also added to my nightmare, if you Google the symptoms of menopause I have almost every single symptoms. It little better except for the anxiety, I am on antidepressant and anti anxiety med. Just hang in there it will get better
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yes it shall get better soon.
    • Posted

If you don't mind me asking, what medication did your doctor prescribe? Has it helped with ringing ?? I have been thinking to give SSRI a try to help with anxiety.

• Posted

Let's chat on line or on the phone I don't mind giving you my number I live in Vancouver canada so am on the west coast let me know how u feel about it and I can tell how it started for me. I remember it was hell ,felt like waking dead.

• Posted

Hi

I took SSRI for anxiety during meno, very reluctantly but at the time I would have tried anything. Took them for 18 months and have been off them for 5 months.

I took flouextine, the first 12 weeks was hard with side effects but it really helped me manage peri & its symptoms. Since coming off them I have been able to self manage myself with the help of diet changes, breathing and self hypnotherapy. The downside is Weight gain (28lbs) but this may not even be down to the SSRI could be a symptom of peri.

everyone is different and you have to make right choice for you

• Edited

Why are you on a antidepressant/antianxiety medication for hormonal issues?

• Posted

I was just at ob gyn. Had her test my FSH levels. 46. Which is menopausal tho I still get periods. I stopped taking hrt 2 weeks ago because i didnt feel like it was helping. Now I am dizzy and fuzzy headed all the time and hot flashes galore. Ugh. My ears aren't ringing per day but the feel pressurized which is causing me to feel dizzy.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear, hope it gets better soon for all of us. I never knew about these strange symptoms of perimenopause until now . But I guess it's a phase, it will pass.

• Edited

Hi I have ringing in my ears all the time, it started 2 years ago, I have seen a ent doctor but he didn’t offer much advice when i mentioned perimenopause he just looked at me like I was a stupid woman! Mine gets worse when I’m anxious, I hope it goes away when I reach menopause x
  • Edited

Hi - I just posted this to another site, but for all you suffering from Anxiety, you might want to try a high quality probiotic.  I just went to a Naturopath that told me your “gut” controls the serotonin & when your gut is in balance, your anxiety eases off - just thought I would pass that along  - I suffered from ringing in my ears a bit ago & my dr prescribed a nasal spray that seemed to work.  Be well - 

• Posted

Thanks Debra for very helpful tips. Any particular probiotics you've tried that you recommend? I just started flonase, hopefully that will help

• Posted

Hi Dramisha - The Probiotic is HLC Intensive - can be purchased online, but any good quality probiotic should work - also he recommended increasing fermented foods & kefir - My allergist highly recommends Flonase 👍

• Edited

I do suffer with the ringing in the ears it's horrible daily basis for me I've been through so much with this menopause you name it from ringing in the ears nausea stomach flutters dry eyes aching joints jaw pain ear pain allergies are through the roof now it's so much we go through I've had anxiety panic attacks sleepless nights UTIs I started at 47 I am now 53 I won't lie it was a living hell I still get symptoms but not as bad I learned to ignore them and go on with my day

• Edited

helllo monique , i have pretty much most of the symptoms you descriibed . i am 47 will be in may and this whole thing hit me like a shock striggling with war ringing its constant ear pain ,dryness itchiness , eyes dry . wish o knew whats coming my OBGYNwas useless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.