Postmenopausal bleeding

Posted , 11 users are following.

Got to have scan tommorow worried sick

1 like, 59 replies

59 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, What are you worried about? Is it the scan itself or the results? What are you having it for?

Best Wishes

Sharon

• Posted

Hi Michelle sorry you have had to find us on here but your in the right place this is not a scare monger site it's real ladies with real experiences and a wonderful support group to x not sure of you history like age or why you're having a scan but scans aren't anything to be worried about take care and feel free to ask any questions x 🙏🏻🙏🏻Bless you x

• Posted

I am 49 and the scans for postmenopausal bleeding and I'm worried sick that it's cancer x

• Posted

It's 12 days now and still bleeding and feel drained the scan inside has made it worse don't know wwhat to do I'm going mad with worry xx

• Posted

Hi Michelle I'm just checking in to see how you are and if you had any news I have been thinking about you xxx

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I had the same (im 49 too) I just suddenly started to bleed constantly and it was very heavy etc etc, I had the scan which showed a thickening of the lining and they werent sure why. So like you, decided that it must be the big C, i had to have a hysterocopy (camera) and it turned out it was a polyp, which mostly are benign and they took it out and I was fine. To worry is normal but please be reassured that it is most likely nothing serious. However, if you are anything like me until you get the tests done and results in you automatically think worse case scenario. Wishing you the best x

• Posted

I had my last period over 2 years ago and have had occasional spotting since then.  

I was sent for a scan last month, and there is nothing to be worried about.  My sonographer couldn't get a clear pic of the endometrium, so had to do a transvaginal scan (with a wand-type thing).  It was nothing at all, not even the slightest discomfort.  At the risk of sounding weird it was almost relaxing!  Just a few minutes in a soothing dimly lit room with two nice ladies chatting away to me, and not even a twinge.  I could almost have fallen asleep.

Post menopausal endometrium should be 3mm or less, but mine was 6mm, and she also saw some fibroid-type changes.

I was referred to a gynacologist who I saw 3 weeks ago, and he took a biopsy and took blood to do a hormone profile.  He also scheduled me to have a hysteroscopy next month (where they look inside the uterus with a tiny camera to see what's what).  Having the biopsy taken was a bit crampy but mega quick, and there was the tiniest bit of bleeding afterwards but nothing really, and it stopped after a few hours.  (Tip; if you think you may have this done, take a sanitary pad with you.  The hospital gave me one and it was the hugest maternity size!!  I will know next time, haha!). I felt a bit crampy late that evening but just took ibuprofen, went to bed with my electric blanket on, and I was 100% fine in the morning.

Biopsy results take 3 days at the hospital I went to, and I've heard nothing so it seems likely that it was fine, otherwise I would have been contacted.  I'm not looking forward to the hysteroscopy but it's only a short time and I'm sure it will be ok.

Try not to worry, the staff are usually lovely and will happily answer any questions, and invariably the procedures aren't as bad as you think.  I know you said you are worried about cancer, but my consultant explained that the liklihood of that is really quite small and there are many other causes of bleeding.

The best of luck and keep us updated! xx

• Posted

I'm 49 I had all the tests ect and I was told a polyp this was last year in August I had not had a period since 2015😊Unfortunately I've had a bleeding so now I have to have polyp removed and D&C has I had a biopsy done and my cells have changed so I'm back to worrying myself so I do understand what you're going through god bless us all 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Tired sometimes but nothing which would worry me, to be honest.  Just normal tiredness, nothing more.  It can be very hard to tell if tiredness is related to something else or if it's just an effect of worry, because worry and anxiety can be incredibly draining x

• Posted

Hi Michelle, just saw your post, I had the same experience last year, when all of a sudden after about 5 years with no period, I started to bleed.  I too was worried that it was something serious, it almost always is NOT.  It turned out that I had a small fibroid. Please do not worry, it will turn out to be nothing at all.  I will be praying for your strength and please keep ups updated.  GOD bless...
    • Posted

Thankyou I'm glad you were ok I'm still worried though as I have read some scary things but I will know more tommorow x

• Posted

Michelle, I did the same, reading all of those scary reports.  Stop reading you are probably overloaded with to much info.  My gyn also told me that post menopause bleeding is quite common and he sees on the average of 5 to 6 patients each week in his office for the same thing.  Try not to worry everything will be fine...
    • Posted

Just had vaginal scan and they said results will go to gp in 7 days is this normal worried sick yet again x
    • Posted

Apparently the results often go to the GP, either good or bad.  When mine told me the results I'd already been told by the sonographer, and the hospital had arranged for me to see a gynacologist, and that had been done and biopsy taken!  I was way ahead of my poor GP who wasn't aware that I already even knew the result!  Don't be too worried, at least the ball is rolling now, I'm sure you will be fine xx  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.