so fed up and still no gyni appointment :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been 4 weeks since I was admitted with suspected appendicitis and they found a cyst and gallstones. since leaving hospital ive been bleeding over 3 weeks now and in pain... feel they aint bothered and my doc sent an urgent letter lastmonday to fast track my app but ive still heard nothing .. im livid and quite frankly p*ssed off the nhs is so crap. they dont even know for sure wjat ive got especially when ive been on the depo for 2 years I cant be ovarlating to make a functional cyst. sad anyone outthere struggling like me xxx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey there...

i was in the exact same postion as you about a year ago and only now things have actually started to happen as im going to have surgury next wednesday... im 21 years old steady realtionship working and in constant pain due to cysts and enometriosis and pcos all combined...

the best thing i ever did was pay for a private gyni becauae they get straight on with everything i was waiting for months and months and nearly lost my job because i could barely work on a day to day basis...

i hope you have people to support you atm because i know how horrible and alone you will be feeling... if you can find the money to go private i urge you to do it and then after that gyni appointment theyll take you through the nhs as fast track or priority!

stay strong x

• Posted

hiya hun ... thankyou for your support, i cant believe ive finally got my appointment through the door today. Its 15th june so all is not lost now. Its just been so hard to smile every day when i feel so grotty and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. Im reading through the letter and feeling abit anxious now as it says i can bring a family member with me? why would they say that? ... siiighhhh i need this over with and all tests done so i can put my mind to rest. On the p;lus side ive finally stopped bleeding , on day 2 of staying dry lol.... lets see how long that lasts. Im pleased you are getting sorted hun and on the mend , hopefully i can say this soon xxx
    • Posted

I wuldnt wait till June, I would go now, you shouldnt be bleeding non stop, I know its just stopped now, but its still not right. Seriously, I wouldnt wait. I ended up in a and e twice and it was only then they did anything. Unfortunately mine has become more complicated, wont bore you wth the details x
    • Posted

15th of June is too late !

As I mentioned in my earlier note and another persons comment, get your self to A&E soonest. If you are bleeding in the way you suggest you have a medical emergency !!

• Posted

Take yourself to a & e! You should not be putting up with that at al!! And if you are non sop bleeding then it is anemergency so dont feel guilty x
    • Posted

thankyou hun  xx im gonna see what this week brings as the pains have eased but still sore and bleeding has finally stopped . If i start b;eeding again this week then ill go to ane xxx 
  • Posted

Yep exactly the same feelings here. I've been going back and forward to Dr for over a year now, and yo A&E 3 times over that period, even being sick with pain xmas ebe. Fobbed off, sent home with pain killers, told me for months I have IBS. Finally paid for private tests they found a cyst in November passed back to NHS who have never checked it since but booked me in for a laproscopy finally in Feb. Only just got date for it 12 June after pestering them. Will have been 15 months by then, only got to hope it's nothing bad as I've been so long with it 😔
    • Posted

Sorry the above should read 'to' A and E, and 'xmas eve' x
    • Posted

isnt it just stupid how the nhs system works!!! u have to be dying to get things done and its not them in pain every day with it.... im even getting stabbing pains in my left side which i find odd.? can it be reverted pain from the right side or maybe anther cyst? xx
    • Posted

My cyst is on RHS too but since Xmas I have been getting left side sharp pains on and off too. It could be more cysts or just ovulating
    • Posted

hiya louise... well ive still not bleed since it stopped so im happy about that but im still getting a dull ache constant and some shooting pains through my ride side. I was wondering whether cos i was bleeding for 3 weeks that it may of gone but im guessing the pains im getting means its still there if not bigger. What do u think hun?.. also my back ache is horrid atm .. The bottom of my backs hurts like hell but im getting no period type cramps... im confused... hope you are doing ok love xxx
    • Posted

Yes your symptoms do sound like a cyst, though having said that I have the same ones as you but my gynae thinks I have endometriosis. I've been ok thanks other than the pressure feeling in my RHS which is building up a little more as will be period soon. Just can't wait for the 12th to get the op done
    • Posted

my lower back feels like its getting worse each day but my app isnt till 15th june... im still very bloated and struggling to eat without wanting to be sick, but cos i have gallstones i have no idea whether the sickness is that or my cyst? so pleased ya getting the op on the 12th and please keep me posted hun xxx. also can i ask when you went for your first gyne app did they scan u again? xxx
    • Posted

No they didn't examine me at all! Bit weird actually, spent was at my Dr surgery as they do these regular consultations there every month. I walked in the room and he told me what he was going to do before I even sat down! I am not exaggerating 😂. He said he thought I should have a laproscopy and explained why. I was impressed with the knowledge he had about me, he had clearly thoroughly read my notes before I came in the room, but I was left surprised after that I had not had any examination, swabs nothing. Bearing in mind all my previous visits to hospital and Drs had been focused entirely on gastro areas
    • Posted

i just wanna know what it is im dealing with as ive read up on ovarian cancer and i tick every box... sad but with having gallstones i know i have those symptoms to think about. im only hoping they give me a sonogram or the laperoscapy... ( cant spell it) lol... i really need my mind at rest and whatever it is i want gone xxx what happened after your laper thingy xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.