stomach pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im really sorry guys for posting here but i dont see any other forum group thats for stomach pain. I had diarrhea for the pas 4 or 5 days and really not feeling well at all. Yesterday i got better and today i thought i should eat Activia and so i ate it and guess what ive got gas pain and its like crampy to. I went toilte it wasnt watry stools but normal and now im feeeling really stressed why i ate Activia. Plz can anyone on here tell me is Activia safe to eat and does it it give you cramps. I just want to enjoy life now feeeling really down.

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I dont want to scare you or worry you yaseen but I was getting much better a few weeks ago where the only symptom I had was a glue ear, then I took biotics (same as activia ) and then I was very ill within twelve hours and still am. I think they can upset the bacteria in your stomach. I gave it seven days and it is no better.
  • Posted

Hi carmel well just been to toilte the forth time plz dnt mind but i dont know where are these stools comming from i only ate on peace of weetabix and look im messed up here. Ive binned the activia now. Yeah i did alot of research on Activia and i saw alot of negtive comments on you tube on forums so it means these yorgurts aint good for stomach upsets. Ive only been on white rice grilled chicken with no spices on it at all just plain with a pinch of salt. breackfst wetabix lunch aple. i really feel like having currys but cnt now until dnt get better.

Is bran any good for this. Onething i will say i thank god alot that im getting firm stools but this stomach cramps really stressing me. But will say get grean tea fr yourself it will help you i just had only have one cup because it has caffine in it tht can upset yr tummp.

Thnk you very much anyways

• Posted

Hi,

I also was eating weetabix breakfast but the GP told me not to as  it might be wheat,so we will see I have stopped bread  and have just bought some gluten free although I am not celiac.

Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Yaseen,

I would suspect dairy has aggravated what might be a case of food poisoning or flu. Dairy gives A LOT of people A LOT of trouble even when they are well. If I ate a whole yoghurt or a glass of milk, I would be running to the bathroom.

Dairy products are made from the breast milk meant solely for the infants of cows....which have FOUR stomachs in order to digest a very indigestible milk. We are the only mammals that drink the breast milk of another mammal. Even mammals themselves do not nurse past infancy...but we humans, in adulthood 'rob' the milk of another mammal; milk that is specifically designed for that particular animal, and we drink it or eat it in more solid form. So although it is considered a 'normal' part of our diet (just like insects are to many in the world), it is unnatural, especially when one considers that each species produces milk that is uniquely made for that particular species and their particular needs as developing infants. A mouse cannot survive on whale milk for example. 

So having said that, it would be the most obvious conclusion in terms of suspicions re your digestive issue especially since it came back after having eaten yoghurt. Going light and easy on your upset insides would be best...toast, apple sauce and some flat gingerale to replace lost electrolytes would be more in order. I am sure in a day or two, this will be a thing of the past and you will be back to your old self.

• Posted

Hi Robin thank you for your rply yeah il give toast a try to for breckfst tommrw. Yeah yogurt has upset my stomach so wil nt be having anymore for a short time. But these yorgurts that are for stomach i just dnt think they work fr stomach they might work fr some people. wil get ginger ale frm sainsburys today and aple source to hope they have ginger ale. This is the first in my life ive etan soooo less food or else i use to have alot more but its LIFE
    • Posted

So you don't have to go out, even a bit of orange juice or a few bites of banana every now and then is okay...or other soft drink...but it's better flat so you need to stir it. That would be just to replace the electrolytes you lost with the diarrhea. You must be feeling weak. I'm sure you will be absolutely fine in short order. Good luck!
    • Posted

Personally I would not suggest fruit juice,especially orange, too much acid.
  • Posted

Hi, it is hard to say that the cramp like pain present now is due to Activia intake. As there is history of diarrhea for 4-5 days, it requires to check for gastrointestinal infection. Human intestine does contain bacteria in the stomach and intestine, which helps in digestion. Activia and other yoghurts contain live bacterial cultures that help stimulate the bacteria already living in your stomach. To get rid of this situation, it needs close watch on bowel activity and to take a call for further investigation under physician's guidance.
    • Posted

Hello doc well i did go to ANE and they gave me tablts to harden my stools they said if they get hard then you should be ok and if they carry on go to local GP mybe they can ask you for a stool sample and see what is up. 

do you thing activia is good for me or not and if it is should i have fruit on tht to or the acid frm fruit is upsetting my tummy

• Posted

Hello thank all you lot well i was about to have orange juice but then i thought it want be good because of acid but i do have a aple for lunch. I dont have any watry stools now i have firm stools now but still feel bloated after having food. I just had white rice and chicken stake with abit of lemmon rubbed on it to give it abit of tang. a few days back i would be straight to toilte aftr 10 mins eating but thanks to god no more so getting better now. 

So should i have activia or not or is no good yet plz let me know. a friend of myn has it and he says he dunt get no cramps with activia but it mybe you having alot of fruit.

• Posted

Apples are great and help fight all forms of inflammation but vegetables are superior.
    • Posted

Carmel has a point about orange juice being acidic. Strangely enough it goes into the body acidic... but exits alkaline in the urine. I thought if you had nothing in your house but juice, a bit of it could at least restore your electrolyte balance. The sugar in juice could be problematic. This link could help as well: http://ibs.about.com/od/diarrhea/tp/Diarrhea-and-Food.--04.htm
    • Posted

About three months ago I started to get better, then had a large glass of orange juice, then a day later my ear was all full of fluid and blocked. It was not a coincidence. It took me two months to shift it.
    • Posted

Hi, Carmel,

I agree with you it is becoming quiet well known now that pure orange juice is not the right thing to drink especially first thing ,the acid and sugar content I mean the fruit sugar not added is not good it has been researched as not being so good as promoted awhile ago, But again what suits one but I would not suggest it .

How are you today,I am off to hospital for scan .

Take Care.

• Posted

Hi Joan,  I had a glass of orange juice a few months back and within hours it was all in my ear and I had glue ear for months, sometimes painful.

There is definitely a connection - in my case - between what goes on in my belly and my ear/head/nose.  Am dreading going for my examination as I have nobody to go with me or come back to be with me if it is iffy but still have to do it.  Do let me know how your scan goes today and good luck with it if you read this in time. I am in the UK so our time differences may come into reading messages, it is now nearly 10 am.

• Posted

Hi Carmel,

all clear scan so can relax a bit now when is your appointment.

Whatare these stars appearing under our names,not been informed.

• Posted

Thanks for letting me know, so pleased for you. Have not been able to gert another appointment yet. Keep ringing and its always engaged or answer phone, very annoying.

The stars are our reward for posting etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.