ultrasound showed thickening of the lining of the womb

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi, i've just joined and thought i might get some help as i am very worried...i went for a scan today and they said i had thickening in the womb...i stupidly googled it and now i'm thinking the worse as cancer came up...i only went for the scan because of heavy periods...so heavy i need to take iron tabs as my  iron and zinc are low...i just thought it was the start of menopause...anyone else had this and every thing ok! thanks alot!

2 likes, 101 replies

101 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi.  Was any further treatment recommended for the thickening in your womb?
    • Posted

He just said he will send results to my dr and sort an appointment out with gynogologist thanks Maisie
    • Posted

I too have heavy periods and fibroids causing anaemia. I was offered the mirena coil last year which is supposed to help but didn't fancy it. I'm considering hrt now as perimeno symptoms are getting stronger.

Hope you don't have too long to wait for Drs appt

• Posted

Thanks Maisie...i will let u know...i got offered the coil a few yrs ago but din't fancy it either....i'll just try to ride my symtoms out...hot flushed .palpitions headaches....oh the joys

• Posted

Hi Michelle

Gosh, where to start. Early this year I was having palpitations and erratic heartbeat and panicky feelings. Had ecg and heart monitors and all normal. Guess that could be health anxiety. Tiredness, not wanting to go anywhere or do anything, such hard work to motivate myself. But I thought this was all being caused by the anaemia. Then over the last month the night sweats and hot flashes slowly started and crashing fatigue. (I've just woke up after crashing on settee) couldn't help it. Brain fog. Bloatedness. I've put weight on round my middle and had the rib pains, can't stand wearing a bra! One thing I don't have is headache which I'm grateful for.

The night sweats are really bad now, waking every hour, then shivering.

I'm trying different alternatives as suggested on here but I'm probably not giving them long enough to work. There's so much to choose from it gets confusing what to try. I've just today had sage and passionflower delivered so thats what I'm going with at the moment. I take Co enzyme Q10 for brain function and biotin for hair and I've been using meno pace.

I've been following your posts and symathize with all you are going through, you are very brave. I was so glad when I found this site and am able to talk with others suffering similarly. And the positiveness from some who've found relief.

Love and hugs

• Posted

I was taking omeprazole for over a year for bloating and excessive gas, huge burps, embarrassing! But thats how I found this site, googling side effects. The same symptoms I've described can be attributed to omeprazole and it also inhibits absorption of iron. Why my doctor didn't know this I don't know!

I stopped taking it 2 months ago and so far managing with careful diet and rennies.

• Posted

After bein gib on Omeprezole for a while it made my symptoms worse and gave me terrible gas!
  • Posted

HI

My scan came up with the same as yours.I also googled and came up with cancer.I suffer with really heavy periods and after speaking to my gyne I was told it was the start of the menopause.I have fibroids and had a fibrod embolisation three weeks ago and was told by the surgeon that  that the thickening in the wombi is the start of the menopause.I'm sure its nothing to worry about but understand your concern.

• Posted

Thanks Millie thats a relief....i was hoping it was menopause related...never for one minute did i even think about cancer as i always have my smears and there ok
    • Posted

hi iv been suffering from long periods i started in march and finished three days ago now, im going for a scan on friday but im scared iv got cancer to like you,

iv also got a niggling pain in my sides and started with a stomach ach that has been around for a few days and wont stop. 

iv been suffering on and off with peri like symptoms since last year but the bleeding was new and iv never gone so many months none stop.

• Posted

Hope your scan goes well...d196.... hopefully this is just all part of the menopause...its a worrying time though...feel like im falling to bits lol...it's good to talk though isn't it!

• Posted

Are you periods heavy all this time ? Mine are extremely heavy every month with clots but recently been diagnosed as having endometriosis and scan showed thick womb lining.good luck xx
    • Posted

no my periods are not heavy it started as a normal period after not having one the month before then it tailed off to a pink salmon color and was always there when i wiped and some times blood then brown then if i strained it got worse and i had sex with my husband and that made it worse then it would go back to when i wiped to a pink to red color were i had to wear a tampax as i was geti g sore from wearing pads and panty liners all the time then on a few days it would be a bit heavier then ones i tryed to feel in bath to see if my cervix felt fine and that made it worse, gosh. but i did have a smear a few months back and that came back normal. i dont know whats wrong but its stoped now and im just having a horrid stomach ach that wont go.and im bloated.
    • Posted

also when i had a smear the nurse said there was alot of blood up there.

but still my dr has took all this time to send me for a scan. i think my gp is usless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.