** Emergency immediate help needed ! **

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

About 2 months ago I started getting extreme heartburn ( I am 22 ) with severe pain in the strenum area ( below centre of the breastbone ) and on the left hand side of the chest. I was told about an infection by the doctor as I had swollen lymph nodes on my stomach which was shown in an ultrasound test. I had a brain MRI which came back normal ( because of dizziness and off balance ). Then my doctor put me on antibiotics and PPIs. I completed the course and still was not able to recover so my doctor insisted me to continue the PPIs as I am having bad and severe acid reflux. In between the medication I was told to go under a barium meal test which came back normal. I am extremely worried about my weight from the day this all started it is continuously decreasing I have lost 8-9 pounds and is still losing the weight. I have extreme diarrhea including lots of muscus ( clear ). What should I do please help me out I have become thin and is afraid of cancer ( weight loss is the main symptom of cancer I guess ) !!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Firstly...calm down. Stressing out won't help. Sounds like you have gastric issues, possibly gastritis. Was the infection h pylori?

If you have got gastritis then healthy diet and ppi is what you need to heal.

• Posted

The main point which stress me outs is weight loss. My weight is just going on decreasing no matters what I eat thats the main trigger for my stress.
  • Posted

Have you been tested for H pylori and asked about IBS?
    • Posted

No I never got tested for H. Pylori. As I said I had a barium meal follow through test which came back normal and that's the reason my doctors are neglecting everything.

• Posted

I am eating proper meals along with fruits and snacks still I am not able to gain weight thats the reason behind causing so much of stress.
    • Posted

If you are stressing, this will not be helping your weight loss.  Try some distraction techniques like your hobbies, exercise and meditation.  Even if you are eating normally, stress can still make you lose weight.

• Posted

I still have IBS and I will probably have it for life because stress is my trigger. IBS comes and goes but some people do get rid of it for good; my brother did.  However, everyone is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.