** Emergency immediate help needed ! **

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

About 2 months ago I started getting extreme heartburn ( I am 22 ) with severe pain in the strenum area ( below centre of the breastbone ) and on the left hand side of the chest. I was told about an infection by the doctor as I had swollen lymph nodes on my stomach which was shown in an ultrasound test. I had a brain MRI which came back normal ( because of dizziness and off balance ). Then my doctor put me on antibiotics and PPIs. I completed the course and still was not able to recover so my doctor insisted me to continue the PPIs as I am having bad and severe acid reflux. In between the medication I was told to go under a barium meal test which came back normal. I am extremely worried about my weight from the day this all started it is continuously decreasing I have lost 8-9 pounds and is still losing the weight. I have extreme diarrhea including lots of muscus ( clear ). What should I do please help me out I have become thin and is afraid of cancer ( weight loss is the main symptom of cancer I guess ) !!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you are truly worried about cancer the only way to have peace of mind is to go through the diagnostic tests.  If you have peristent symptoms you should demand stool tests, imaging tests (mri is good), and endoscopies.  
    • Posted

also, swollen abdominal nodes are not normal and should prompt further investigation if u didn't respond to antibiotics

Chances are you are fine! but the dr should take you seriously.  

For someone that is below 25, the chances of having a GI cancer the odds are so low you shouldn't worry.  Literally the odds are 1 in 10 thousand about.  

• Posted

the fact you got a negative barium meal test is good but that only shows part of the gi tract!!!

where were your abdominal lymph nodes swollen?? A skilled gastrointerologist should be able to focus in on certain parts of the abdomen depending on where the nodes were swollen.  Different location of nodes drain fluid from certain parts of the abdomen.  

• Posted

My swollen lymph nodes where just below the strenum area. Doctors said it might be an infection of it can also be swollen due regurgitation of acid in esophagus. My nodes get calm down after using PPI. They swell whenever I stop taking PPIs but now I am trying to move from PPIs to natural herbs. Hopes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.