, I'm 49 and have lost 4 years of my life. Server lower back pain and the feeling of being crushed.

Posted , 5 users are following.

June28,2012 was the last day of my normal life.

That mourning I stepped out of the house and the bottom of my right foot went numb, by the next day I was numb from my lower back down. And I have just spent my 4th Christmas like this with no help.

Not only numbness, tingling, burning (hot fire) crushing pressure on my body. Difficulty walking, bowl problems. Lower back is horrible. Can't bend over, lift, twist or turn.

Have been to 3 neurosurgeons. (To many symptoms to be coming from your lower back-siatica- you need counseling) 1 orthopedic surgeon ( why cant you walk)

Why cant I get help? I'm suffering.

The Nurse practitioner's, Chiropractor's, physical therapist are the one's that care and try to help. The big wig god complex Drs. Have forgot WHO they work for!! The patients!!!

God forbid an animal to suffer!!

It's OK for a human being to.

They want to be paid, well I want HELP!! Not a bill for NOTHING!

PLEASE somebody tell me how to get help!

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Chloe

So glad to hear you have an appt. with pain mgmt. I know April 4th seems like a long time away, with so much pain.

Hopefuly, this Dr. will be able to help you and you won't have to continue to tell your story repetively to other Drs. I know it's exhaustive, as I've been through the same, in the past.

Don't be afraid to speak up for yourself, at your appt. Remember, as patients we are our own advocates, as well as our best advocates, for our self.

As I said previously I belong to some online support groups that are really great! I really would like for you to consider this, too. It really helps, when you can vent, cry, whatever, with other patients, who also share the same experiences. Also the feedback and knowledge you can gain, from all the other patients and their experiences can be very beneficial to your medical treatment. There is no judgement of anyone, in these groups. That is not what they are for. It can be so hard, as I'm sure you're learning, when you're suffering daily, with no support, or relatively little support.

If you would be interested I could send you the name of some of them and you could check them out?

Good Luck!

I hope you get some relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.