....is this all connected?

Posted , 11 users are following.

....in keeping with all my right eye double vision, the past several hours, whenever I stand up and walk, I'm hearing my heartbeat LOUD and STRONG in my right ear! Is this all connected and most importantly, is it normal??😲.

Can't wait for my opthamologist appt. tomorrow....feeling Very anxious!

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Lynda you're coming over as being very stressed - can you get an appointment with your GP?

Hoping you can get sorted.

• Posted

....lol--busted! Yes I am very stressed. It kinda started when I thought I'd lost connection with this forum (as many people did)!

Happily that's all been straightened out now.

However, I'm still struggling with all the eye problems, as well as perpetually changing other daily issues.

I'll be the 1st to admit, I'm a huge 'worry wort'! I'm quite sure my two daughters would second that!😁

And no, I've learned my primary is virtually of no use in regards to pmr...I think he doesn't want to get involved!

So I'll try to "breathe" for right now til my appt. tomorrow!

• Posted

Hi, I get the feeling of being in a plane and get strange sounds in my head! Try not to panic as I’m sure your consultant will sort you out tomorrow .

The symptoms of GCA and side effects from steroids seem to merge!! 

Stay strong and good luck for tomorrow 

• Posted

Thx Anne, just trying to Breathe right now!

Just watched the 1st 15m of "The View". Meghan McCain just returned after being gone for a month due to her father's (John) death. It was SO emotional!

Now I'm weeping all over again! (Happy tears)!😂

Women having women's backs!!

• Posted

You have probably become very aware of your senses and many of us hear our pulses in our head/ears. I'm not dissing your fears -  it may be connected, it may not. But you do have an appointment tomorrow and will have an expert to ask then. Write it all down now so you have a list to remind you tomorrow.

• Posted

Hi Eileen,I had a left cochlear implant in April and ever since I continually hear my pulse in that ear. The night of the surgery in April, I heard a very huge hammering sound in that ear and realized it coordinated with my pulse; that loud sound gradually subsided. So now I'm dealing with the slow process of hearing with the CI, and recuperating from my fall with 3 fractured pelvic bones end of June. and everything that goes along with it, but I'm walking much better and no longer have PMR but I do think it has left effects of more arthritis. So be it!

• Posted

holy, moly elijo....you've really had more than your fair share luv!

at least (you see) your pmr is under control and that's GREAT!

best wishes for a speedy recovery from other issues!🙏

• Posted

Hi Lynda, Thanx for your good wishes, and I certainly hope the best with all of your issues. My improv ed hearing with the CI is very delayed, probablydue to all of the other "interruptions" in my life.

• Posted

Hi lynda62707

I used to get that very thing on preds..finding it hard to breathe and could feel my heart beating very fast on left side of my neck and in my chest.

It really frightened me, so much so on one occasions i called the paramedics because i felt i was going to pass out.. when they arrived they took my vitals and my bp was sky high. Before they came i sljust about could string words together to speak the receptionist and she said the doctor would call me back. The doctor called back when the paramedics were there and she spoke to them. Anyway they left and my doctor came to my home, by that time things were calming down. Doctor said that my ECG and heart monitor readings taken previously were fine and my symptoms were side effects of pred. Once i knew that, when it happened again i was more relaxed and it went away quicker because i kept calm and laid down which is hard to do i know. If you get stressed it will be worse because we do not have our adrenals working for us as they are suppressed by the preds. Try and keep a cool head. Things will be clearer tomorrow after you consult with your medical professional....Awww! I know it's awful i'm with you all the way....🙏👍

• Posted

Hi Mary, I'm absolutely convinced....even tho' we're all spread out all over the world, have different life experiences and different stories...this forum keeps bringing us all back together, to be there for one another and to care!

Love ya all😘

• Posted

I was wondering if your have any close friends whom you can talk with about some of your fears ?  I find that when I'm with my friends and are discussing some of our problems, the feedback is so helpful.  And also this site was helpful with my PMR problems and some other  information.  Although I no longer have PMR (which I hope continues) I still go on the site.  It's a great support group!

• Posted

Lol elijo....thanks for your concern! Yes, fortunately I do have a fistfull of very close, long term (35+yrs) friends! In this area I feel very blessed!! And they are well aware of my current medical struggles. It's just that they are pretty clueless on pmr (as was I), so I prefer to keep that aspect of me to a minimum for now!

Friends/family are a wonderful blessing, but so are all you and this forum right now!😁👍

• Posted

I forgot to add...so glad to hear you're doin' well re:pmr! I hope to be there one day too!

• Posted

HI Lynda,  you are fortunate to have such long time friends; unfortunately many of my long time friends have either moved or died, and some live long distance so I don't see them that often, but do communicate long distance (not the same).  Yes, the forum has been a Godsend!

• Posted

I suffered with dreadful palpitations in my chest on Pred.....so badly I thought I was having a heart attack....have since seem my GP and she is organising an ECG and a 24 hour heart monitor but I suspect it's the steroids....just think she wants to be on the safe side as they have made so many errors with me.....fingers crossed all will be well with these tests as they were with you....and onwards we go....ho ho ho....x

• Posted

Palpitations is a side effect of steroids. My rheumie seemed quite upset that I did not have problems with them, just everything else such as hot sweats.

• Posted

Omgggg YES!! So much profuse sweating, especially scalp, face and head! Soooo embarrassing.

It always looks as though I've just stepped out of the shower!

I'm not éxaturating one little bit! It can be 60o outside, everyone's putting on jackets....and I'm HOT!

I'm afraid I drive my family/friends nutz as I always want a/c blasting away!

Ughhh....just add that to my list of annoying side effects of prednisone! 😣

• Posted

I told everyone I had been swimming with the sweats.

• Posted

Right??? whatcha gonna do?

It's gonna be a very warm holiday season...Ho, ho, ho!

• Posted

Hi missmagwu

Dut to all the faffing around with the format on the forum, i have only just seen your post. Yes, i had an ECG and wore a 24 hr heart monitor due to the pred causing severe palpitations and breathlessness. It all turned out ok but the palps and laboured breathing continued but i had to learn to relax to overcome these awful side effects. I am sure your ECG and 24 hr monitor will be fine too...keep us posted......good thoughts abound....

• Posted

hey mary, glad to see this post (by accident😣).

I think we've talked bout this, but I'm wondering if my palpitations and (xtra) shortness of breath, could be being exasborated by prednisone?? sure has been fairly challenging the past couple months!

I have a sleep study set for next week, however that's probably going to be put on hold due to upcoming eye surgery....ahhh, Good Time's!😏😩

• Posted

Hi lynda62707

Yes, in all probability pred is the culprit. This is what my doctor told me when i was going through it when on pred. Once i knew it was the pred i did feel a little relaxed albeit it was still a scarey experience. I had to train myself to relax and not to stress as this exacerbated the situation. When it came on i would try and take my mind off by doing other things like do some gardening or just sit in the garden weather permitting, this didn't help so i would lay on the bed and rest...it would eventually subside, but not a good experience. I hated it if it happened when i was out, i was afraid to get in the car and drive home so just had to put up with it until i thought it safe to drive. It was one of the side effect that made me determined to get off pred...hope all good with you today under circs...all good thoughts and wishes for your up and coming eye op...👀😊x

• Posted

Awwww mary....this is just ONE reason I love/appreciate you so much! you seem to always sense what I may need at any given time!

my eye is driving me NUTZ this am, double vision's working on overtime and I've got an excruciating headache! also, my hands and shoulders are painfully stiff!😩.

for the record....this is the 3rd time I've tried to post this!##!

every time I try to (once again) attach a pic....the whole post gets wiped away and I've got to start over!

someone once told me I'm very tenacious....I guess I am as I'm giving this one more time to go through to you! fingers crossed!!!

I'll catch ya later😆💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.