[LONG PLEASE READ] HOW I’M HEALING MY ANAL FISSURE FOR A WEEK

Posted , 38 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I WANT TO ADVISE THAT I AM NOT [A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL I’M JUST SHARING THIS BECAUSE BASED ON EXPERIENCE I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND THIS WAS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED AND I JUST WANT TO HELP ANYONE THAT IS GOING THROUGH THIS PAIN]

Here’s how I’ve started to heal my Anal Fissure and I want to help anyone that is going through the same thing because it’s one of the worse things anyone can ever go through physically and emotionally. It all started when I used the restroom after a night of drinking eating the wrong choice of food. I was straining so hard and since I have an internal hemorrhoid I thought the pain I was experiencing was that. When I would push the hemorrhoid back in normally when that happens I never had an issue I usually just push it back in and I forget it’s even there but this time I felt a pain that was different it felt sharp and it stung really bad. I didn’t think much of it but as the days went by the pain kept getting worse to the point where I would use the restroom it felt like shattered glass and the pain was becoming unbearable, I was in so much pain I would feel like passing out at times and I would cry. Even after a few hours the pain would linger. I then started seeing blood which terrified me and urged me to go to the doctors. Doctors then confirmed that I also had an anal fissure.  At this point I’ve had this fissure for about a month now and I was still eating the same thing and the doctors had prescribed me nitroglycerin along with licodaine ointment and the only thing that seemed to ease the pain was nitroglycerin but it didn’t help much as far as healing the wound. The doctor also had advised me to just focus on treating my constipation and to make sure to add fiber to my diet. I was still eating the same thing and added more fiber. That still didn’t do much and at this point I started to feel helpless and fell into depression because I felt as though no one understood... even though it’s a small tear most people didn’t really understand the pain it brings physically and mentally. There were days I was taking off work because I just couldn’t move. So then I started doing research online on my own... and I stumbled upon another post in which is a life saver, after trying everything I could to heal my fissure following everything I seen on that post I’m finally starting to see progress. Here’s what I did, please do this is you are suffering from a fissure that’s taking a while to heal....

First thing I did was empty my bowel by taking a laxative, the one I took was Dulcolax it says to take 2 tabs but I only took 1 since I didn’t want to irritate my stomach. I took one tab at night and the next morning I had flushed everything at that point you might still be in pain since the fissure is still an open wound but it’s okay this is just the first step. After you empty your bowel then we start the healing process... 

What I did was FAST for the first two days just drinking nothing but water. I know this might sound scary and you might feel hungry (you won’t die) this is just so that you can give you fissure the opportunity to heal and yes it goes against everything the doctor tells you because they advise you to take fiber and such but your fissure is not going to start healing if you keep having bowel movements, it’ll continue to reopen the wound. The following days all I would have is liquid (water, juice, soup broth) I did this for a week. I also purchased this stool it’s called Squatty Potty which helps you not strain when using the restroom. Now let’s move on to the creams and supplements I took...

As for the creams I read somewhere that zinc is good for healing wounds and it’s also a skin barrier. So what I did was I mix zinc along with triple antibiotic cream, then after I apply that I also apply the nitroglycerin cream which helps relax your muscles down there. I did this everyday/twice a day after washing myself, make sure to keep the area clean. Once in the morning and once at night. 

As for the supplements I take Vitamin C and Vitamin A. After taking those supplements I follow it with a tablespoon of coconut oil. I also take magnesium citrate at night which is a natural stool softer and works as a natural muscle relaxer.

It’s been a week now, and today when I had to use the restroom there was no pain. Yes I still know the fissure is there and it might not be fully healed yet but for the first time I’m so happy I’m pain free and I’m not afraid to use the restroom anymore. I’m going to continue doing this in slowly but surely reintroduce my body to solid food and slowing introduce fiber into my diet. I’m also staying away from red meat and dairy for now. 

So that is how I’m healing my fissure, if you’re going through this I’m so so sorry... I feel your pain, if you’re like me and would like to try the natural way of healing it first before surgery then try this. I understand what it’s like and how terrifying it is but just know you’re not alone. This will pass and I hope you heal as well. If you have any questions I’m more than happy to help to the best of my knowledge and let you know the steps and experiences I’ve gone through with this. 

12 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Next
  • Edited

That’s exactly what I did a year ago and still going strong , except I fasted for 5 days and a most important , I replaced toilet paper with wet baby tissues.

But the cream , the cleaning the squatty potty , doing all that...

It’s that simple and I wish more people would do it.

I had to figure it out on my own and wrote it on this forum a few times but I don’t think anyone cares...

I want to add this.

Eating the lots of fiber it’s a terrible doctors advice.

• Posted

Do you have anus lump? It's small lump, like small than pea.It's not cancer,not tumor not external or internal hemorrhoid. I have it, sometimes hard,big poop and tear like tiny fissure and not hurt much. I try control it by all mean, soft food, fiber supplement, vegetables, gallon water a day. Now my lump becomes smaller than pea. It could not disappear. Thanks for your advise.

• Posted

Fiber adds bulk to your stool. This means that although your stool might be soft, it could be large, because of the added bulk. The pressure might reopen the fissure.

• Edited

All good advice. Thank you. How did you apply the nitroglycerin ointment? I find it difficult to get in there due to tightness and pain.
    • Posted

You know when you buy prep h? There’s an applicator that you can attach to it, I attached it from one of the prep h I’ve had and put half zinc and half antibiotic about a dime size and I mix it on the applicator tip until it’s all coated then I lay on my side with kind of in fetal position. Relax my muscles and slowly insert it in. After I do that I follow it up with the nitroglycerin cream since that helps relax your muscles. I find that the zinc and triple antibiotic cream help the most since it coats the fissure and acts as a barrier to protect it. Hope that helps 😁 Feel better soon💜

• Posted

Oh and just remove the applicator tip to cleanse it out after each use 👍🏼

• Posted

Doserite makes a great applicator kit specifically for anal fissure medication. Includes syringes so you can measure your dose and a closed end applicator so medication stays within the anal canal and doesn't end up in the rectum.

• Edited

Thanks everyone for all your replies. I'm healing quite well. My pain is about all gone. The only thing that really bugs me now and then it's usually right after I 💩 is the itching. Drives me nuts I still itch sometimes and didn't even 💩. But other than that all is well. The back if my leg is still numb that hasn't went away.

• Posted

Thanks Freeadvicepls, I would say this is the most valuable advise for the person who is suffering on this.

May I know if this process will be advisable for anal fistula as well ? Any advise from others ?

• Posted

Thank you for your advice. I did try the fasting but still needed to empty my bowels every day even though I wasn’t eating anything. 

Regarding the triple antibiotic cream... what is that and where do you get it? 

• Posted

Hi Debra, 

After you completely empty out your bowel try the fasting for 2 days with nothing but just water then after that you can try adding in fruit juices or soup broths. If done correctly you shouldn’t have that much bowel movement and if you do it’s a small amount. As far as the triple antibiotic cream you can find it at your local store it’ll say triple antibiotic on the box get, that will help keep the area clean and avoid any infections, also mix that with zinc cream. Zinc will act as a skin barrier and also promotes healing both can be found at the store. I hope this helps and you feel better?? Time is everything with fissures and patience is key😁 If you have more questions feel free to ask. Take care

• Posted

Dear

what you said 100% corect . and most of the people suffering hemorrhoids & fissure without changing life style

thanks for Brief reply

• Posted

I agree we shouldn’t disregard our bodies natural way of healing. I was against surgery and I didn’t want to take that route, I wanted to try other alternatives before doing that. I believed in myself and did my research and now I can say I’m almost healed. I understand the pain it puts people through and you just want to get rid of the pain quickly but we have to understand that the cut is located in a very sensitive place where there’s not as much blood flow therefore healing is a lot slower compared to getting a cut elsewhere in our bodies. Time is everything with fissures I’ve learned and patience is key. We can heal and we just have to believe in ourselves. To anyone suffering from this I really hope this helps and that you’ll heal in no time❤️ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.