.....Ohhhh, NO!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi folks! Well, I've just done what I've Always been afraid of doing and I'm turning to this forum to hopefully give me some quick and accurate advice!

a few hours ago, I fell back asleep (it's 12:12pm right now).

that wouldn't be a problem except.....I can't remember if I took my 15mg prednisone or not!

typically, I wouldn't have taken it til about now, but when I just went to take it....a little alarm went off.....did I already take this???

my question is, is it better to just skip today all together (and possibly suffer as the day goes on?), OR, should I take (perhaps) another dose, and how badly will this (or not) screw up my system???

I could really use some Quick advice!

thanks so much for your input!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm not sure I can give the right advice but if I were in your situation I would take a smaller dose - say a 5mg - or depending on what mgs doses you have and catch up to full dose again tomorrow or reduce tomorrows slightly......cuz if I miss a day my pain comes back fairly swiftly.....so it's not too much of a gap without any and if you have already taken your usual dose then an extra 5 mg wont be too catastrophic....at least will keep you topped up!

Let us know what you decide and how it went.....good luck but I wouldn't miss out on a whole day......

Hope this doesn't get moderated like my last post or you wont get any quick responses....x

• Posted

no missmagwumps....this didn't get moderated...thank you for the quick advice!

it's now 2:28pm and I'm starting to have pain/stiffness, (or is it just my imagination๐Ÿ˜•?)

I'm contemplating taking 7.5mg (half my reg dose), but am going to hold off for a bit longer and see what the general consensus is!

stay tuned....

• Posted

this wont help your current situation but the minute i take a dose, i write it on a calendar. every single time.

and..every morning i lay out my next dose in a little glass dish. if the dish is empty, i knew i took it.

can you count your remaining pills to see how many you have left?

best wishes...youll get it all figured out.

• Posted

hi Twopies....normally I've got my day's meds in one of those daily plastic containers....however things have been kinda crazy lately and I've just not sorted them out this week.....lesson learned!!

for now, I'm just gonna wait and see how much advice I can get, then I'll take it from there!

I am noticing alot of stiffness and pain in my fingers and forearms, so I'm getting a bit antsy at my own Stupidity!

I'll keep you posted....

• Posted

I put OH's up in a pack of daily compartments - these are labelled with the day's initial and can be lifted out as individual boxes so useful for a night or two away.

Usefull for graduated tapering.

• Posted

I am sure this is probably the wrong thing to do but I would take a double dose rather than go without, as it was such agony when I did forget to take my pred.

• Posted

REALLY Ptolemy??? that would mean if I've already taken it, I'd be taking 30mg today!!! Isn't that kinda playing w/FIRE??

although I must confess, I'm starting to feel lots of pain/stiffness right now....or is that just all in my HEAD???๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

• Posted

I was saying what I would do having been through the agony of forgetting. People often forget to take them and other people take the dose twice by mistake, just a once off should not be the end of the world as I see it.

• Posted

gotcha...and as I'm really starting to have lots of pain ALL over....I'm about 1hr away from taking the 15mg! just want to get as much advice as possible for the next hr!

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

I'm no expert, here, but i have erred with all my meds, at one time or another.

I tend to agree with Ptolemy.

your body is not going to remember the next day, that you had too much (especially, if youv'e been taking 15mg. for a little while) but if you don't take anything, your body may take a bit, to catch up, painwise.

The downside might be that your sleep might be more impacted, tonight, if youve taken twice the dose.

will be waiting to hear your final decision.

It will all be OK

Barb

• Posted

ok....hec with it. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and take the 15mg now! I just HATE messing with this drug as it seems I'm SUPER sensitive to it (one way or another).

guess I'll find out tomorrow if I've done any damage, but for now my teeth are even starting to ache!๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Posted

Hi Lynda, think you missed a dose and starting to feel uncomfortable, Take the dose! Then go back to using a contender! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.