.....Ohhhh, NO!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi folks! Well, I've just done what I've Always been afraid of doing and I'm turning to this forum to hopefully give me some quick and accurate advice!

a few hours ago, I fell back asleep (it's 12:12pm right now).

that wouldn't be a problem except.....I can't remember if I took my 15mg prednisone or not!

typically, I wouldn't have taken it til about now, but when I just went to take it....a little alarm went off.....did I already take this???

my question is, is it better to just skip today all together (and possibly suffer as the day goes on?), OR, should I take (perhaps) another dose, and how badly will this (or not) screw up my system???

I could really use some Quick advice!

thanks so much for your input!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why not compromise and take 10mg just in case. You really don't need any more pain.

• Posted

YIKES...too late! just took the 15! was starting to have jaw pain, tooth pain and a sore throat on top of everything else! not sure if it was all "brain induced", but I'm not taking chances....may pay for this tomorrow! loading my plastic pill case NOW!!

• Posted

A single day of 30mg is hardly playing with fire - you'll just have a really good day! Many people are on way above 30mg for months and survive. You may have a "wired" day - but it will fade the next day.

If you forget a dose you should take it as soon as you remember unless you forget until the next day when it is due again - then you only take one dose, not double to "catch up". This is the importance of having a dosette box that you load regularly - and don't put it off of become distracted. You can get them for a month at a time - you just need a single half hour with the door locked and the phone off the hook to do it. It is also helpful when tapering,

But you cannot rely on the forum for urgent medical advice of any sort - hard as it may sound you have to step up and take responsibility for yourself. You have been lucky that several people were around but under the current circumstances - there might well not have been.

• Posted

Eileen....wasn't trying to "shirk" my responsibility, only reaching out for some advice...

as it seems, I may NOT have doubled up on my dosage as my day (yesterday) wasn't Great....not even close!

I always welcome any advice/concern/kind words/questions I can get.from this forum....that's why I'm here in the 1st place! you folks know WAY more than friends/family about pmr/prednisone....that's why this forum exists in the 1st place....right????

anyway, sorry for the delayed response....just jumped on my phone.

• Posted

I didn't say you shirked anything - I said you can't rely on the forum for a quick answer. You spent a lot of time asking before doing anything - that was what concerned me.

• Posted

point taken....I was trying to figure out which course to take and in the interim gather as much info as was possible to take an educated guess as to what to do....that's all. #advice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.