😖😖😖😖Pain 😫😫😫😫Pain😫😫😫😫Pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been in so much pain for the past 5 months and I'm sick of the misdiagnoses. First, i thought it was my L4/L5 herniated disc. It was but I was also told that I had shingles without the rash. 😖😖😖 I feel like I have a hot plate strapped to my side. Pain level is not even on the charts. They gave me Oxycodone for pain and GABAPINTIN for the non-rash shingles. I also went and bought some ICY HOT W/Lidocaine. All three work together but the pain meds constipate you😳. I'm so tired of this and I cry because it hurts. I am a mother of 7 who successfully took them all from DIAPERS TO DIPLOMAS with the help of God and my husband. I also have 6 grands whom I love dearly, but this pain is just unbearable.

SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE👂🏽👂🏽👂🏽👂🏽

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm so sorry you are experiencing such harsh pain however I feel like I'm being misdiagnosed also they said it's shingles without rash however the pain is uncomfortable the itching is constantly there, we may need to pray for one another and they gave me the same medication with Valtrex, I am very frustrated because I feel like I missed diagnosed and taking medicine for something I don't even know what's really going on with my own body

• Posted

I agree. Prayer is what healed my back. However, it seems as though THIS thing is horrible.
  • Posted

Dear Mom of 7,

First, I am very sorry for the agonizing pain and your suffering.

The pain of Herpes Zoster-Shingles is the worst I have been through, as well, and it includes induced labor and childbirth with pitocin, passing kidney stones, severe cervical and lumbar stenosis with neurosurgeries, and cancer surgeries.

Have you seen a neurologist to have MRIs and CTs done, and also to recommend more aggressive pain management? There are more medications, as well as treatment modalities, such as nerve blocks, that can be done. There are pain management/anaesthesiologists who assess and perform these blocks, and they can be successful in certain patients. I do not know where you live, but I would go to a university setting to have this done.

Were you ever placed on antivirals?

I am a Nurse Practitioner in the States.

I have had Herpes Zoster-Shingles in my right ear every three to five weeks for the past twenty years and have had it in my right eye twice. I understand your pain.

Please let me know how else I can help you.

Best wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Good morning,

I have had 2 CT's 1 MRI, a veleous ultrasound and all because of the 3 herniated disc. I have also been hospitalized as well. They told me I have Post traumatic neurology of something like that😪. I just feel so bad because I not much good for anything but dragging to work and church and laying in the bed.

• Posted

Sorry about the pain, mine felt like a trident stuck in my side for about 4+ months. I started taking Lysine 1000mg, 3 times a day and after 2-3 days it mostly went away.

Not sure if that did it or after that much time my body just healed. Either way I still take and pain free.

Good luck with it, you'll get better :-)

• Posted

Thank you. I'm just sick of the meds intake. Is that an opiod? Does it cause blockage?

• Posted

I can sympathize with you as my symptoms are almost identical. What I have done was switch to famciclovir twice a day and an occasional xanex to calm me down. Shingles is mostly stress and you have to control that part first. I have been sick since December and since I switched to that new medicine,I am finally feeling better. Rest is also important. I heard on this site that a new shot was coming out next year so my goal is to control this until that becomes available. I have had shingles for 18 years but this case is the worst. Feel better.
    • Posted

Yes 18 years but nothing like this case which has been for 10 straight months. A lot of pp here like merry have been the same with time and years of having this. It's about controlling it. Good luck.

• Posted

Mom7,

I agree with the others that Famvir is the best, most efficacious antiviral, and rest, and more rest is absolutely necessary. Also, avoid sunshine.

Google the foods Lysine /Arginine ratio diet, as I realize that nuts ( high in Arginine) trigger more severe episodes with me. High doses of Lysine tablets can cause adverse effects to some of your body, so I would tend to be careful regarding supplements.

Again,

All my best

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Hi Merry I,m into my 7th week of shingles had Β vaccine also antivirals had my first day yesterday back to normal most of day i was so happy.last night my fibromyalgia struck me in the same region as my shingles it was shocking today i,m just useless.Hopefully the good days will get more and bad days less
    • Posted

Thank you! Antivirals are out according to my doc. Says it too late😪. I'm so ready to just give it up! (That's the pain speaking😖wink. There's no such thing as rest for me. 7 kids 6 grands, 2 jobs and a husband. I can spell

R-E-S-T but I can't get any🙄

• Posted

Susan,

Healing from Herpes Zoster-Shingles is a slow process. I am sorry you have fibromyalgia and Herpes Zoster-Shingles. I certainly believe that your immune system is impaired, hence, both diseases. What type of work do you do?

Please take it easy and rest. I care very much and understand the pain.

All my best

Merry Juliana

• Posted

21 and 19 I put 22 twice🤗

• Posted

Do you care for your grandchildren, now?

I realize having two jobs is fatiguing, but this is the time you absolutely need to take some time off. Perhaps, your children and husband can help you...

Otherwise, the pain and fatigue lasts longer..

If you are an independent woman, it is difficult to ask for help, I know...but this is the time to do it....

Best wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

I just had the whole summer off at which time I utilized it by going back and forth to the different doctors who all seem to keep misdiagnosing me😡 It's frustrating! And now that my real job had started back (I work for Dade county school system) I cannot take off. This is my bread and butter and the means by which I help take care of my whole family! All 19 of them!!

• Posted

Ah, Dade County School System....you are right, once school starts....

The children can help you...I hope....

Merry Juliana

• Posted

My husband has been a great help. Thank God for that clause that says "in sickness and in health" 😂😂. I will be glad when it is over.

• Posted

Thank you Merry I,m retired Β but have on call job in gift shop but have been unable to do it.I,m very lucky I have a wonderful husband to take care of me but all the same it is very frustrating.

Β 

• Posted

Susan,

I worry about my patients, as I am a Nurse Practitioner, and know just how ill you feel...

We care about each on this site...I guess I am hoping that your children find time to care for you... My 27 year old son helps me when I have my frequent episodes of Herpes Zoster-Shingles....I am very independent, but become ataxic, uncoordinated, and have to watch it...as I get it in my ear...

Best regards

Keep me posted on your recovery, please....

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.