“Safe” Person(s)/People Gone For The Weekend - Scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

I don’t know if this is better posted on the anxiety forum of this site, but I’ve come to take comfort from the people who frequent here.

Basically, my parents (my “safe” people) will be gone over the weekend and I’m feeling on edge/scared about that.  I won’t be totally by myself thank goodness - my older brother will also be at home, but idk this will be the first time since my anxiety came back that my parents won’t be there for a couple days.

I wasn’t as nervous about this earlier in the week.  Idk if it’s just because it’s approaching closer or because I haven’t gotten much sleep the past 2 days and that’s making me slip more.

Somewhere I know it’s stupid because I’ve been alone for days on end before and was completely fine and able to handle it before the anxiety returned.  But I can’t help but get that scared feeling in the pit of my stomach and think about the scary “what if’s” that might happen while their gone sad

Anyone else ever go through this where their ultimate “safe” person(s) were gone and you had to face a couple days alone?

Sorry for long post or if this is too personal - felt the need to vent.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone.  Thanks again for all your responses and support!  My parents have returned, so I’m very happy about that.  I’ll admit that the weekend was tough.

I’m really hoping I’ll be in a better state and not so anxious/fearful the next time they leave.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.