'Twisted' knee

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am coming up for the six week mark and wondered if anyone else had/has pain in their knee? My knee is perfectly fine (as in no previous medical problems) but it hurts quite abit when I walk and feels as if has been twisted or has been damaged??!

I did not have this pain at all for the first four weeks.

Has anyone else had this? Could it be swelling? Or something else. As always your wisdom is invaluable, and I would rather not bother anyone about this unless it is important.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im 45 and thought i couldnt cope with the thought of a knee issue after my hip being done....im hoping that as time goes on this will also resolve...

• Posted

Hi mate, how you holding up? Have you ever run/jogged? reason I ask is that my knee was painful and still sometimes gives me jip after too much rest or walking and the only pain I have had that compares is like a shin splint pain (even though it's in my knee) I used to get when I had been running or even walking too far in flat shoes with no arch support. Advised it is deferred or compensation pain so I am not unduly worried, but as you have xray booked, better to check. BTW, you are lucky to get PT, we get nowt!! Best wishes

Helen x

• Posted

The pain in my knee was brutal. Had it x-rayed and surgeon said it was okay. If I mistakenly pivot, I get a sharp pain. The pain used to last longer and I was limping. I'm hoping it will ultimately dissipate. I definitely underestimated how this surgery would affect me. It does take time and caution. The other day I squatted without thinking and when I got up I realized I should not have squatted. I was delighted that I felt no pain whatsoever.

Best of luck,

Georgette

• Posted

Check your IT band and also check for glut tendonitis. Find a great manual physio and get an ultrasound to pinpoint. i had the same thing pre op. acupuncture solved the problem fast. Now I'm 3.5 weeks post lateral surgery and my knee is hurting, i already know it's not the knee, it's the IT band overworking from trying to get back on my feet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.